contest prep 2013 - training/diet/pics

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems to work at the moment, but it's still a long way... gotta lose a lot of weight!

Really, you don't seem to be so fat as you say.

I also have to lose weight, but´s so hard, specially for women over 30s... I am 36... lolo....

Let's do it together.

I need to lose at least 5 kgs to achive 70kg. I am 1,73 m high.

How much you want to lose it?

For my competition shape i still have to lose about 12-15kg... i'll have to see how i look then.

Of course losing weight becomes harder as you get older, but it's always possible don't give up! Hold on to your diet and training, especially weight training, and give it some time! Patience is important...

@mrbear & vegan_rossco: thx guys! i pray for a quick recovery as well!

@thavegandread: thanks mate! i don't know where i'm gonna start yet, still have to decide for which federation i'm gonna start... somewhere in germany, around april/may, that's all i can say so far... if u should ever come to germany, hit me up for a joint workout!

yeah! first training since my little injury, and the wound is fine! luckily it's at the side of the hand, not across the palm!

used the time off to start a new training plan today... full body workout of course!

have to get used to classical squats again, but it was alright...

my plan:

squats: 70kg x3 / 80kg x 3 / 90kg x 3 / 90kg x 3 / 90kg x 3 / 90kg x 3

romanian deadlift: 110kg x 10 / 110kg x 10

barbell bent over row: 50kg x 10 / 50kg x 10 / 50kg x 10

weighted bent over dips: bodyweight (90,6kg) + 30kg x 8 / bodyweight + 30kg x 7

seated dumbbell press: 20kg x 9 / 20kg x 6

as you can see my bodyweight went down from 96,4kg in the beginning to 90,6kg...

by the way mrbear666: temperature here lies between -5 and 0 degrees at the moment how about wales??

Actually everything works quite well at the moment... i think i have to lose at least ten more kg, probably more. Have to look what the mirror tells me...

If diet and training are in balance in combined in a senseful way, i'm still able to make some progress in my workouts, although carb and calorie intake are low. I think zhe main reasons why people have problems to keep up their training weights are 1. a negative mental attitude and 2. A far too high training volume (that includes weight training as well as cardio)...

If you think that you won't be able to lift the same weights as usually, you're quite likely not gonna make it!

corncerning volume: you can't expect your body to do the same amount of training with the same weights, if you don't give it the fuel it needs! If your calorie intake is low, and especially under a carb restriction, you just don't have the energy for a high volume training. A lot of guys even increase their volume during the preparation... that can't work in my eyes. That's why my volume is always low to moderate... even with my liw calorie/carb intake i can do good workouts and increase weights or repititions.

But everyone has to find his approach...

Actually everything works quite well at the moment... i think i have to lose at least ten more kg, probably more. Have to look what the mirror tells me...

If diet and training are in balance in combined in a senseful way, i'm still able to make some progress in my workouts, although carb and calorie intake are low. I think zhe main reasons why people have problems to keep up their training weights are 1. a negative mental attitude and 2. A far too high training volume (that includes weight training as well as cardio)...

If you think that you won't be able to lift the same weights as usually, you're quite likely not gonna make it!

corncerning volume: you can't expect your body to do the same amount of training with the same weights, if you don't give it the fuel it needs! If your calorie intake is low, and especially under a carb restriction, you just don't have the energy for a high volume training. A lot of guys even increase their volume during the preparation... that can't work in my eyes. That's why my volume is always low to moderate... even with my liw calorie/carb intake i can do good workouts and increase weights or repititions.

But everyone has to find his approach...

ah right i see mate, for some reason i didnt think of the volume decrease! strange how some people even up their volume during a cut, i would imagine you would burn muscle as well as fat that way! thanks for clearing that up!