HxC talk

vegan_rossco

Although not straight edge, I don't consume alcohol or drugs or smoke either. Most of my best friends in the world are straigh edge, so I live the lifestyle and grew up loving the music, I just never wanted to attach the title to it.

On that note; maybe it's too soon to start dropping my favorite posi core SxE bands?

xCHAMPIONx

With Honor

Bane

All on repeat at the gym daily.

Although not straight edge, I don't consume alcohol or drugs or smoke either. Most of my best friends in the world are straigh edge, so I live the lifestyle and grew up loving the music, I just never wanted to attach the title to it.

On that note; maybe it's too soon to start dropping my favorite posi core SxE bands?

xCHAMPIONx

With Honor

Bane

All on repeat at the gym daily.

I was always more into punk in general but still loved Black Flag, Circle Jerks, Minor Threat and a few others.

I haven't thought about SxE in forever. It was never a movement I real identified with and by the 90s it seemed to be populated with a bunch of assholes on par with skins.

I was always more into punk in general but still loved Black Flag, Circle Jerks, Minor Threat and a few others.

I haven't thought about SxE in forever. It was never a movement I real identified with and by the 90s it seemed to be populated with a bunch of assholes on par with skins.

Yeah there are different sects of it for sure. I have met some militant straight edge folk who spend their time at hardcore/punk shows starting fights with anyone drinking/smoking. I DEFINITELY do not identify with those people. There are also some amazing people who do a lot of good for the community in terms of drug/alcohol awareness.

I noticed the past few years more and more that it is a good outlet for kids who don't identify with the jocks/preps/nerds/etc. and dont really have a group to fall back on.

I am sure each scene is/was somewhat regional and probably more so at that time. I was going to university in Indiana in the 90s and the sXe (or was is SxE? I don't recall) community there got pretty militant (to the extent that coffee and tea were things they would berate you for) and was also really homophobic because gays and lesbians couldn't procreate. That said, one of the first vegans I ever met was straight edge and was a perfectly agreeable sort so clearly they weren't all off their cracker.

I love the late 80s stuff. Then again I also like the early 80s stuff and the 90s stuff. I never really liked the militant people because I'm a former addict myself.

Gorilla Biscuits

Youth of Today

Judge

Shelter

Agnostic Front

War zone

Black flag

Minor Threat

7 seconds

xLooking Forwardx

Earth Crisis

Madball

Blood For Blood

Ramallah

Betrayed

In My Eyes

No For An Answer

Uniform Choice

Stretch Armstrong

Cromags

H2O

Solid post Roger, caught all the solid bands i was going to mention to people trying to get into heavier stuff.

Recent bands I've been jamming:

Wreck (Tacoma, riffy hardcore)

Sinking Ships ( Favourite band)

World of Pain (Beatdown, for the heavy days at the gym)

Backtrack

Trapped Under Ice

Paper trail

Soul Search

Solid post Roger, caught all the solid bands i was going to mention to people trying to get into heavier stuff.

Backtrack

Trapped Under Ice

Paper trail

Soul Search

I just checked out sinking ships. That's some good stuff. Kinda reminds me of Bane. Are they a Boston band?

Backtrack

Trapped Under Ice

Paper trail

Soul Search

I just checked out sinking ships. That's some good stuff. Kinda reminds me of Bane. Are they a Boston band?

Seattle I believe

• 3 weeks later...

Discharge is where it is at, 'Hear Nothing, See Nothing, Say Nothing' on repeat all week at the gym. Primitive riffs, brutal energy and those drums! - It's been a Discharge week!

Another favourite for workouts is 'Primitive' by Boston Stangler, again simple ideas executed well, great driving beats to get you pumped.

if you were gonna do a 9 minute workout then maybe my bands first ep might help:

www.xsaxonx.bandcamp.com (shameless self promotion)

• 3 weeks later...