My Stronglift 5x5 LOG

looking good mr captfit.......getting strong now too! i used to love cooking, but cant be bothered now all i cook is rice, potatoes and if im feeling very adventurous some curry powder in my baked beans

what are you captfit a vegan or vegetarian? are the traditional foods/ways of cooking where you come from pretty healthy?

I am a Lacto-vegetarian . I do use Milk and milk products in my diet but nothing else .

Well here in India cooking is okay , the food is highly oil based although we do include lot of lentils and vegetables but its mainly cooked in Oil .

Steamed and Sauted doesn't work that much . More so average Indian Diet is a High Carb Low Protein diet with the use of loads of White Flour , Potatoes and White Rice .

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znCdjsKR4U8&feature=youtu.be

DEADLIFT VIDEO FROM LAST WEEK's WORKOUT DEADLIFT - 97KGS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAV2TiIeyHQ&feature=youtu.be

DEADLIFT FROM YESTERDAY's WORKOUT DEADLIFT - 102

I put this up few posts back but seems like it gt way to backtracked . Can you guys do a quick form check specially on the 102kg one . Again sorry for the poor quality phone cam sucks .

looking good mr captfit.......getting strong now too! i used to love cooking, but cant be bothered now all i cook is rice, potatoes and if im feeling very adventurous some curry powder in my baked beans

what are you captfit a vegan or vegetarian? are the traditional foods/ways of cooking where you come from pretty healthy?

I am a Lacto-vegetarian . I do use Milk and milk products in my diet but nothing else .

Well here in India cooking is okay , the food is highly oil based although we do include lot of lentils and vegetables but its mainly cooked in Oil .

Steamed and Sauted doesn't work that much . More so average Indian Diet is a High Carb Low Protein diet with the use of loads of White Flour , Potatoes and White Rice .

ah i see mate, sorry about all the questions was just interested deadlifts looking good!

14/01/13

WEEK 13 WORKOUT #29 B

SQUATS

10xBar ATG

8x37kgs

5x47kgs

3x62kgs

3x72kgs

3x5x77 kgs

OHP

10xBar

10x25 kgs

5x35 kgs

3x5x45 kgs PB

DEADLIFT

5x34 kgs

5x54 kgs

3x90 kgs

1x5x107 kgs New PB

I almost fell like i kinda passed out on that last set . It was very taxing on the body and i may just repeat the same weight once more to make sure i am not pushing my luck too much and working out in a controlled manner .

For diet i have been planning to increase my protein intake upto 150-160 gms / day .

also i plan on doing some HIIT ( Short Sprints with jog in between ) twice a week to burn some fat off as i better stay in shape rather than get too bulky .

I will upload my diet tonight .

All righty a quick info abt my meal today :-

Meal 1

1 Scoop On Protein + 300ml Milk + 1 Apple

Meal 2

Carrot + Soy soup + Olive Oil ( around 45gms Protein )

Meal 3

Kidney Beans + Rice

Meal 4

1 Scoop ON + 500ml Milk + 20 Almonds

Meal 5

Indian Bread ( Roti ) + Spinach + Cottage Cheese ( Palak PAneer if any one tried it in any Indian restaurants )

Total should be around 150gms Protein , 90gms Fat , 250gms carbs

@MF - yes i started with creatine yesterday . doing with 4 teaspoons for first 5 days will lower it after it .

Protein looks good, but your total is around 2400 calories, which doesn't seem like enough. What's your height and bodyweight? Have you been slowly gaining weight while you've been lifting?

I am 179cms and 82kgs at present . I have gained around 2-3 kgs in last 3 months i recon . I have a very slow metabolism so i end up feeling full longer on whatever i eat that is why i am not able to add more food , although i'd love to .

16/01/13

WEEK 13 WORKOUT #30 A

SQUATS

10x Free Squats

5x37kgs

5x57kgs

5x67kgs

3x72kgs

3x5x79.5 kgs

(Managed to break past the plateu which i couldn't last time after a 10% Deload . Also i am using a bench between my legs from last 2 workouts which gives me a lot more confidence going in with higher weights )

BENCH PRESS

Chest Press Machin 1x15

5x37 kgs

5x47 kgs

3x57 kgs

3 x 5 x 64.5 kgs PB

PENDLAY ROWS

10x37 kgs

5x47 kgs

3 X 5 x 60 kgs

Parallel Bar Dips

2x5 Bodyweight

2x8 Machine Assisted

Decline Crunches

3x10

Overall a killer workout today managed my energy levels right upto the end so feeling really good about it . I definitely need to be eating more i feel now that the lifts are going up i need to add equally more calories if i want some muscle mass .

Well, if you are gaining weight and your lifts are still going up then at the moment you shouldn't need to raise your calorie intake, unless you start feeling hungry all the time. There will come a point where your metabolism will start to increase a little and you will find yourself hungry more often, or you will start to stall on your lifts because your body needs more fuel.

19/01/13

WEEK 13 WORKOUT #31 B

I am kinda thinking of separating Squats and DeadLift day so just did 1 set of Squat ,

Squats

1x20x37kgs

OHP

Just to give my body a diff feel instead of doing OHP with Barbells i picked up two 15Kgs Dumbells .

1x10xBar

5x5x 10 kg Dbells

5x5x12.5 kg Dbells

5x5x15 kg Dbells

DEADLIFT

5x57 kgs

5x77 kgs

3x97 kgs

1x5x107 kgs

Chins Ups - 10 reps total spread into 3-4 sets

Dbell Bicep Curls - 2x10/8x10kg Dbells

Tricep Pushdown - 2x12x4/5 Plates on Machine

Reverse Ab Crunches - 3x10

* DeadLift was good i am happy it went well , while doing them on Monday i had to exert a lot but today they went good i was sure on every rep that i am going to finish them clean .

Edited by captfit

21/01/13

WEEK 14 WORKOUT #32 A

SQUATS

8x37kgs

5x57kgs

5x67kgs

3x73kgs

3x5x83 kgs

* I felt a lot of stress on my lower back today while doing Squats which i wasn't feeling before, Could it be because of using heavy weight on the SMith Machine ?

BENCH PRESS

8x37 kgs

5x47 kgs

3x57 kgs

3 x 5 x 67 kgs

* It went okay okay i got in some guy working out to Spot and he kinda ruined the first set giving way to much so i wasn't really able to judge how much of the total weight i managed on my own , will repeat the same weight again preferably with a better spot next workout

PENDLAY ROWS

10x35 kgs

5x55 kgs

3 X 5 x 60.5 kgs

Parallel Bar Dips

2x5 Bodyweight

1x8 Machine Assisted

Decline Crunches

3x12

Hyper Extension

2x10

Over all a good workout session although a little disappointed with the Bench i couldnt feel myself giving it my 100% .

I think the Creatine is working atleast in terms of Stamina i am feeling less tired after workouts but i hope it gives me something more in terms of muscle mass as well with the workout i am following .

Guys i had a question and would like to hear from all of you , this week i will finish my 13 Weeks on Stronglifts , although i am still making progress in terms of Strength i think its time i should switch up something as this is getting too monotonous , I will love to get some suggestions from you all regarding some HyperTrophy workout routine if any of you have followed and which worked for you . There is this one i came across while surfing which i liked as it has a nice combo of Compund and Isolation :-

http://www.wannabebig.com/training/bodybuilding/baby-got-back/

Looking forward to your feedbacks .

Hey captfit - I answered your question in my log, check it out and let me know if you have any more questions.

As far as the creatine goes, it's not going to directly increase your muscle size. The workout you do is what will increase your muscle size. The creatine will only help you work out harder.

I also can't be of much help in hypertrophy, as that isn't in line with my goals.

23/01/13

WEEK 14 WORKOUT #33 B

OHP

2x10x2kg Dbells

1x10xBar

1x5x35 kg

4x5x45kgs ( Last 2 sets with a Spot )

1x5x47.5kgs

DEADLIFT

1x10x37kgs ( ROmanian DL )

1x5x57 kgs

1x5x77 kgs

1x5x107 kgs

1x5x112 kgs New PB

Lateral RAise

1x15 x 4kgs Dbell

2x8x 5kgs Dbell

Chins Ups - 10 reps total spread into 3 sets

Decline Crunches - 4x12

* Current Bodyweight 82.5kgs

* Happy with the Deadlifts

Moderate day with food today , might have just managed to touch 2000 calories which is less compared to my goals of around 2500 .

Need to add some more bananas and Olive oil in there .

Big day tomorrow morning first attempt at 85kgs Squat and 77kgs Bench Press .

Are you managing to keep your protein up?

Yeah i am managing around 110-120gms on off days like yest and 150+gms on good ones like i will aim to do today .

Can you check out the deadlift vid few posts above and give me a form check on it . With the weight over 100kgs i really want to focus on right form now .