klaatus journey

Can you get a video up of the squats?

Just thinking with your knee, it could be down to something like a technique/biomechanics issue. A video shot from the side would definately help so I can have a look how your knees are tracking during the descent as well as what happens to them when you come back up 'out of the hole'. Thanks MF.

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19/01

day 16

sqats

0kg

Press

25kg

Deadlift

still no squats yet, deloaded on the press because i think im struggling because ive got in to some bad habits with form so cant progress the way i was doing them. was looking at some of mark rippetoes vids on you tube and tried some tips out today and by god was it easyer, i know i can already press 25kg but it was so much easyer this time and they powered upwards.

deadlifts were still cool although a little challenging, i feel next session may be the first sticking point.

so my knee has felt amazing all day, if it carries on tomorow im going back into the squat rack , i think its a tear in the meniscus cartilage but ill get a second opinion from the professionals on tuesday.

going to go right back to pressing with an empty bar on wednesday too so i can ironj out the bad form habits ive developed

121/13

day 19

squats

bench

42.5kg

barbell row

40kg

hopefully last day of no squats, ive had no problems with my knee all day, struggled towards the end of benching but soldiered on and stripped the rows back a bit because my form was becoming extremely sloppy so i took my time and concentrated more on what i was doing and not just banging the reps out.

hey ross i love questions ive got an appointment at 9 tomorrow morning. , im pretty sure its my meniscus cartilage. the knees been absolutely fine all day and most f yesterday to be honest, so if the doc gives me the all clear ill be back home in the rack Wednesday morning home sweet home. snows not too bad hers just icy as fuck, im desperate to get on my bike, i feel like a caged animal. hows it down your way?

19/01

day 16

sqats

50kg

Press

20kg

Deadlift

85kg

deloaded on the squats to give my knee a break, was just nice to be back in the rack, starting presses from scratch with full concentration on form and it was a dream:) a hell of a lot simpler, and managed the deads, just haha starting to become a major challenge but the fact 100kg is so close is the driving force.

26/01

Day 21

Squat

52.5kg

Bench

45kg

Row

40kg

Dialled awaits back a little to get back in the game, i saw a vid that said push your knees out when squatting, so I gave it a try and it's made the world of difference

Bench was awesome, the last rep of the last three sets were he'll, I had to use every ounce of my being to complete but I bloody did it

And Dialled back o therow as well because I was concentrating on rep number instead of form before and was getting sloppy

All in all a bloody good session

28/01

day 22

squat

55kg

press

22.5kg

deadlift

90kg

still a slight twinge in myknee and back so im thinking of doing leg presses for a while to ease the stress as squatting is the only time they play up.

presses are alot better than they used to be.

deadlifts were a bitch but managed it, a little rounding on my lower back that i need to keep an eye on.

on a plus not its my fortnightly weight in muscle mass is up .5kg fat mass is down 1.3kg.

30/01

day 23

squat

57.5kg

bench

47.5kg

4-5-3-5-5

row

bench has become brutal, i knew it would be difficult but only managed to finish a set with a spot, my delts are screaming at me so i guess they're the weakness, not surprised considering my press is weak.