Gluten free and soy free homemade protein bars

Synny667

This is the best one I have made thus far and it is completely flexible in what you want to use I added in most of the optional ingredients and I recommend adding more moisture to it. I love snacking on these babies!!!

Averie’s Vegan No-Bake Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Protein Bars

Ingredients

1 Ripe Banana (mashed)

1.5 c Oats

1/2 c Shredded Coconut (I used sweetened)

1/2 c Raisins (or date chunks, cranberries, craisins, dried cherries/mangoes/apricots/etc. Any dried fruit will work)

1/2 c Chocolate Chips (or carob, butterscotch, white chocolate chips, etc.)

1/2 c Maple Syrup (or agave, yacon syrup)

1/2 c Peanut Butter (or any nut butter, i.e. almond, pecan, cashew, etc.)

The Following Ingredients are Optional but I used them all:

2 to 4 scoops of Protein Powder (I used 2 heaping scoops of Sun Warrior Brown Rice Raw Vegan Protein Powder in Vanilla flavor. And if you don’t care about the protein aspect or don’t have on hand, just omit the Protein Powder all together)

2 Tbsp Flax Seeds

2 Tbsp Chia Seeds

1.5 Tsp Cinnamon

1 Tsp Vanilla Extract

Yields: Approximately 10 decent sized bars

Note: The above are rough measurements and you can use the kitchen sink mentality on this recipe: a dash of this, a dab of that, don’t have this but have tons of that, throw everything in but the kitchen sink strategy and they will “work”. I promise.

Storage: I store mine in the freezer, individually wrapped, so I can grab and go as needed. They soften up quickly at room temp, and will keep for a month or more in the freezer.