hello everyone

Gatti

Hi there

my name is grant

I discovered this site yesterday and i have to say, i think it could be everything ive been looking for.

Tomorrow is the start of the new me. i havent trained at all in almost a year now. I spent the twos years previous to that

traveling the west coast of Australia and then thailand. I spent 5 months living in a muay thai gym near chiang mai in northern Thailand where i trained 6 days a week. Since i came back home to scotland in may of 2012 i really havent trained at all.

ive been a vegetarian for 1 year now. i am determined to become a vegan, ive really struggled trying to find info on the net for someone who wanted to live as a vegan but also train and be healthy. well that was until i stumbled upon this site.

im really excited about some of the stuff ive seen on here.

starting from tomorrow (sunday) i plan on diving head first in and achieving my goals with the help of this site

im looking forward to learning as much as i can and hopfully contributing to this site a little as well

my goals are to become a stirct vegan, to become lean and toned and to really kick start my life again.

thanks for reading guys

Awesome Grant, glad you found us! Welcome to the community. Sounds like you have had a really interesting last couple of years living abroad. Eating vegan isn't as hard as it may seem. I bet you will find a lot of information here to help out. Check out the journals section, maybe also the recipes section. You may even be into sharing with us and starting your own journal?

-Dylan

Welcome Grant.

Yes there is lots of info you can find here and lots of links to other vegan nutrition sites etc. Let us know if you have questions and I'm sure someone here can point you in the right direction.

Tomorrow's a big day.. enjoy the journey.

Hey guys

Thanks for making me feel so welcome

Yeah I'm thinking a journal is definitely the way to go. Ill get that up and running this week guys!!

Jeez everyone seems pretty cool on here. So much information lol I think the next few days are going to be spent on the "getting started" page, reading as much as I can.

Love that this site is global, so many people from so many cool places everyone helping each other along!!

Oh I'm from Glasgow rossco, so is your dad Dundee or Dundee utd?

Yeah scotland is beautiful , as is Wales mate!! Is it as cold down there as it is up here? Lol

Welcome, that is an amazing story about living in Thailand! I plan on starting Muay Thai in my local gym soon, and seriously can't wait. I went to a couple classes last year before my hockey injury and enjoyed it thoroughly.

Yeah I had a great time I've been desperate to keep up with the Muay Thai since I got back but it just isn't happening. My shift pattern is a real pain meaning I can only train in the mornings and I just can't find a club that's trains in the am :/ if I ever manage to get anther job with normal hours 9-5 or whatever then i would start training again.

So how did you find it? Did you enjoy the Muay Thai?