Vegan Crossfitter from Boston!

sbuada

Hey Everyone!

My name is Shannon, I grew up in California and moved to Boston almost 2 years ago. I've been vegetarian since 2009, I was vegan for 8 months in 2011 and my new years resolution this year was to be vegan again (for the animals, and my health, but mostly for he animals ) , so far so good! I started crossfit 4 months ago and I am hooked. I especially love the olympic lifts. I'm surrounded by meat-loving paleo-junkies, so I've been researching vegan + crossfit and this website showed up. How exciting. So glad to be apart of a wonderful animal-friendly group. I started a blog about my adventures as a vegan crossfitter, I just started it a few days ago. Check it out if you're interested

http://thevegancrossfitter.blogspot.com/

I look forward to reading your posts and hearing your stories. Any vegan bodybuilders in the Boston area?

Cheers!

Shannon

Hi Shannon, welcome to the group here! There are lots of crossfitters on here and the topic of dealing with the majority of people in that scene being paleo eaters comes up a lot.

There are several boston forum members here. One you should definitely meet is Giacomo. He runs an online vegan supplements and protein drinks co called veganproteins.com. He's a really nice, hard working in and out of the gym, knowledgeble and helpful guy.

I'm over in nyc, but i get out to boston every now and then.

-Dylan

Hi Shannon,

I do a bit of crossfit too when I can (ie.. when I'm not injured and can find a few extra bucks). I love it. I always say it is the only workout that has ever made me sweat. I'm in Canada and I'm always cold tho - that may be a factor .. lol.

They don't know I'm vegan where I work out but I'm thinking I'll just show up in a vegan t-shirt one day... it might make them feel awkward about all the times they were dissing 'vegetarian' diets in front of me.

Checked out your blog... not a fan of the first picture that comes up - ugh. Fortunately I've never gotten good at kipping so I haven't had any tears. Looks like you're lifting some pretty good weight in 4 months.

If you haven't found it already there is a crossfit group on Facebook: 'crossfit vegans and vegetarians'. There is some good info posted there. A bunch of the members have blog posts that they post there which are interesting. And some of the members are into vegan paleo if you are interested in that sort of thing .. (I'm not).

Welcome.