BlueRose's diet/exercise diary of Les Mills Combat!

Anything knee relate is horrible. I can't kneel down & lean forward on my left knee, it's like a fire under the patella...but it never hurts, I squat ect.

Right now I'm getting my lower back looked at, possible bulging disc (not lifting related).

Hope you mange to fix your knee

I was in physical therapy and it was fine...now it's starting to sound crunchy again. I may have to go back....

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Wed: BBL's High and Tight, running 1 mile, walking 2 miles

Thur: X2 Recovery & Mobility, walking 2 miles

Fri: Insanity Cardio Abs

Sat: 2 hours of swimming

Sun: rest day

Mon: X2 Balance & Power (this workout is a BITCH D:)

Tues: cleaning, otherwise rest

Wed: ran one mile,walked 2 miles, BBL's Brazil Butt Lift

Thurs: walked 2 miles, ran 2.2 miles

So far done on Fri is 20 min Insanity workout (Fast & Furious), on tap is X2 Core and hopefully dancing if I still have some juice left in me. Otherwise...more running.

Oh...down another half an inch in my hips. And these arms NEED pics soon, I'm getting some done this weekend. I HAVE ARM DEFINITION. It's really weird! I run my hand on my arm and can feel it and see it. It's taking some getting used to but I love the way my shoulders look now!!

• 4 months later...
Hi, how have you been, haven't seen you post here in a while. Still training with the P90X2 program? How has it been? Getting the results you were hoping for with it?

-Dylan

Oh gods, I was but then I took a break to train for my 5K. Did the 5K and promptly became the sickest I've been in years after, that lasted a week. Finally recovered and took up running again, then I woke up one day with a neck/back/shoulder injury so debilitating I was mostly bedridden for a couple more weeks. Then I tried AGAIN and got sick for another couple with sinusitis and an ear infection.

Past few months have not been kind to me. :-/ I'm easing back into things and will probably do it or another program in a few weeks once I'm back on track.

Don't know what it is about up here. I got sick also last week. I hope I don't get knocked down this winter again. I think the super cold weather is harsh and took its toll on my body. I've only been out here for 2 yrs and I guess haven't gotten used to it yet.

I hope things get better and you finish off the end of this year strong

Don't know what it is about up here. I got sick also last week. I hope I don't get knocked down this winter again. I think the super cold weather is harsh and took its toll on my body. I've only been out here for 2 yrs and I guess haven't gotten used to it yet.

I hope things get better and you finish off the end of this year strong

Thanks! and ow, yeah, something's up. :-/

I normally get a sinus infection at the start and at the end of winter. This year it arrived VERY early, I suspect due to the fact that the allergy season this year was much more harsh than usual and the weather has been chaotic.

In the meantime, eating clean and doing something of a detox to get my insides back into shape.

• 1 month later...
I am looking for a good ab routine come the end of January. Is it better than the ab ripper x?

I'll put it like this: I did NO crunches during that HIIT workout, two days later I'm still sore. My abs are the leanest part of me and I have to get creative to get any sort of soreness/work done there. Ab Ripper X is awesome as is Tummy Tuck from Brazil Butt Lift, but I'm feeling muscles in my lower abs I typically don't get worked on! I did some more floor work towards the end of today's workout (Combat 60 Ultimate Cardio Fighter) so I'll let you know how much more sore I am after that.

I just sneezed and felt it.

• 2 weeks later...

I really like hanging ab raises for my abs. I also do floor crunches but I bring my upper body up to meet my lower. In both cases I strap weights to my ankles. I also do static holds for my abs as well, and I do them after I run because my trunk is usually pretty knackered from holding me upright. My ab routine is:

Hanging abs 2x12, Floor crunches 2x12, static crunches, 2x30+ sec, Obliques, loaded 3x10 (Using 78#) now for each side, making sure to bend at the hip.

I really like hanging ab raises for my abs. I also do floor crunches but I bring my upper body up to meet my lower. In both cases I strap weights to my ankles. I also do static holds for my abs as well, and I do them after I run because my trunk is usually pretty knackered from holding me upright. My ab routine is:

Hanging abs 2x12, Floor crunches 2x12, static crunches, 2x30+ sec, Obliques, loaded 3x10 (Using 78#) now for each side, making sure to bend at the hip.

No place to hang from in my basement, so I do a lot of standing work and floor work for my abs. I'm fondest of standing work.

I think I'm pretty spoiled; my body is leanest in my midsection so developing abs for me is easy. It's toning upper arms, thighs, and glutes which are frequently the trouble.

So I'm looking into NASM since I get a discount from my P90X certification AND they have a payment plan. Recommendations from others on this?

I badly want the certification but am wondering on best steps on how to "break into the field", so to speak. I've been an independent fitness coach, I love helping others and it's my dream to eventually do this full time. Any trainers want to comment on how they got their professional skills developed, especially those who wanted to work at gyms at least part time?

Maybe I should post this in one of the message boards too

• 5 months later...