Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:16 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1480 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87 ... 99  Next
 Post subject: Re: Synny's training journal
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:42 am 
Elephant

Tonight is a night I wish I had someone special in my life. Have to stay up all night to keep work schedule but have no one to talk to, hold or cuddle with. Would just love some companionship....

I don't make excuses... I make results

If it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:52 pm 
Elephant

Went heavy on chest tonight and thinking work might suck in the morning lol. Hit a new personal best on incline dumbbell press. Really starting to feel beastly again. Used the smith machine tonight for bench press even though I am not fond of it. I dread my job and will probably start looking for another one or really push to get my butt back in school. Really thinking about also getting into being an online coach because well I have been there and done that and can probably really help others. Will be checking into it more closely cause ya never know right? Ready for Wednesday to get here so I can go thrash my legs :)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:12 pm 
Rabbit

AWESOME!

You people are so petty... and tiny. -Thor in The Avengers

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:22 pm 
Elephant

Signed up for my first 5k of the year... sweetheart shuffle except I am minus the sweetheart lol. I think a coworker and her kids are doing it with me but not 100% certain yet.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:18 pm 
Elephant

Ok so I am starting to feel changes in the air... warmer weather for longer periods of time and shorter fewer cold days, green thumb itching like crazy and my taste buds are starting to do the spring changes. Almost time for yummy raw foods!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am trying to minimize them right now because nothing is in season right now and I don't want to spend a fortune. I am thinking it is really time to invest in a greenhouse that I can heat and use UV lamps to simulate summer so I can grow all year around OR I can just move to a place I can garden most of the year lol. I have some almonds soaking overnight so I can try my hand at making almond milk. I think I am going to throw in dates and vanilla so I had better get dates soaking so they are nice and mushy by the time I get home lol. I love making my own stuff cause I know there is no crap in it I don't want!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:12 am 
VBB Moderator Powerlifter & Ultrarunner

Synny667 wrote:
Signed up for my first 5k of the year... sweetheart shuffle except I am minus the sweetheart lol. I think a coworker and her kids are doing it with me but not 100% certain yet.

Hell yeah !!!!!!

WEB: http://www.jimsty.wix.com/strength-vs-size
FB: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Mini-Forklift/161273440616736?ref=hl
Image http://www.youtube.com/user/kiwilifter?feature=mhee

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:41 am 
Elephant

Figured only way to prepare for half marathon is to run as much as possible :) I have 9 runs I plan on doing this year but always on the lookout for more. Have a feeling I will have a wall of metals if I keep this up lol

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:10 pm 
Elephant

Last night sucked!!! Went to deadlift and couldn't even hit my pb!!! Back is tight and spasms which means... time for a new mattress!!! My bed sucks and have been dealing with back issues with it for a long time. Guess I will break down and buy a new one just hope I can find one that isn't to pricy.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:32 pm 
VBB Moderator

Here is a tip on mattress buying, its a great one but it isn't for everyone. I buy mattresses from the big dealers like mattress land, mattress world, etc but I buy the showroom models. My last mattress was on sale for 1400 and I got it for only 350. Its still new, no one has slept on it or dirtied it up at all, its just been laid and sat on with the plastic still on it for a couple of months. Can't beat the price if you want to get a good quality mattress set.

-Dylan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:43 am 
Elephant

Thanks Dylan!!! Luckily I only have a twin size bed so my mattress will be cheaper

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:28 pm 
Gorilla

Ugh, I hear you on the mattress. Sleeping on a bad one is awful. Unfortunately the one that my wife and I thought was comfortable when we tried it in the store turned out not to be. I had back pain for 9 months while I adjusted to sleeping on it. My wife wasn't as uncomfortable at the start, but neither of us sleep that well on it now (it's only 3 years old). Moral of the story - take your time and be absolutely sure it's the right mattress! Sleep is important!

That's 200 solid ass-pounds! Good work buddy.
vegan_rossco, the ghost hunter wrote:
I can see how some people might mistake this as paranormal when really its just an example of your brain being an asshole

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:57 pm 
Elephant

I would love a tempurpedic mattress ultimately. Just don't know if they make twin size lol

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:51 pm 
Elephant

Ok I know I don't need to carb load for my 5k but I am in hopes of having energy after i get off work tonight! My boss has decided to put me on the hardest unit on the hardest side of the unit that I wasn't orientated to and expects me to get it done. SOOOOOOO hello carbs I am gonna need help to stay focused!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:22 am 
Elephant

Btw I think I have counted up that I am either interested in or plan on doing 15 runs this year 3 of which will probably be 10k runs to practice for the half marathon. Thinking of which any runner have any tips on running to help me improve??? And what are some awesome running shoes??????

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:16 am 
Elephant

First 5k done and my sports tracker tracked the run as 5.46k..... Mind you my sports tracker is set to metric and was giving me feed back the whole run. My time was 35:17 min 228th out of 529 people, 134th out of 358 women and 26th out of 60 in my age group. Mind you the wind chill was below freezing so was suffering from frozen toes making it hard to run. Won't complain about my run

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1480 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87 ... 99  Next