Synny's training journal

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last night sucked!!! Went to deadlift and couldn't even hit my pb!!! Back is tight and spasms which means... time for a new mattress!!! My bed sucks and have been dealing with back issues with it for a long time. Guess I will break down and buy a new one just hope I can find one that isn't to pricy.

Here is a tip on mattress buying, its a great one but it isn't for everyone. I buy mattresses from the big dealers like mattress land, mattress world, etc but I buy the showroom models. My last mattress was on sale for 1400 and I got it for only 350. Its still new, no one has slept on it or dirtied it up at all, its just been laid and sat on with the plastic still on it for a couple of months. Can't beat the price if you want to get a good quality mattress set.

-Dylan

Ugh, I hear you on the mattress. Sleeping on a bad one is awful. Unfortunately the one that my wife and I thought was comfortable when we tried it in the store turned out not to be. I had back pain for 9 months while I adjusted to sleeping on it. My wife wasn't as uncomfortable at the start, but neither of us sleep that well on it now (it's only 3 years old). Moral of the story - take your time and be absolutely sure it's the right mattress! Sleep is important!

Ok I know I don't need to carb load for my 5k but I am in hopes of having energy after i get off work tonight! My boss has decided to put me on the hardest unit on the hardest side of the unit that I wasn't orientated to and expects me to get it done. SOOOOOOO hello carbs I am gonna need help to stay focused!

Btw I think I have counted up that I am either interested in or plan on doing 15 runs this year 3 of which will probably be 10k runs to practice for the half marathon. Thinking of which any runner have any tips on running to help me improve??? And what are some awesome running shoes??????

First 5k done and my sports tracker tracked the run as 5.46k..... Mind you my sports tracker is set to metric and was giving me feed back the whole run. My time was 35:17 min 228th out of 529 people, 134th out of 358 women and 26th out of 60 in my age group. Mind you the wind chill was below freezing so was suffering from frozen toes making it hard to run. Won't complain about my run

Felt great yesterday training! I am 45 lbs away from where my trainer wants me to bench. He would love to see me at 185 lbs which means I am at 140 lbs. Ready to see what my legs and back will do this week! Also feeling super sleepy this week because of my jacked up schedule. Right now I should be sleeping not awake functioning like everyone else. I have meetings during the day but will be back on nights Thursday. Making a pot of vegetable bean soup cause it is cloudy and cold. Picked up 2 mini baguettes and said F IT! I have eaten one already and will eat the other tonight with my soup. Will be training calves, abs and running tonight. In less than an hour I will be with 2 of my closest friends getting out feet pampered because 2 of us ran a 5k and the other is in training for a bikini comp. Figured the 3 of us deserved a non food treat! On Valentine's day at work my nurses decided to do a pot luck.... in honor of my eating habits they have made it a SMOOTHIE pot luck!!! I am taking in frozen pears and probably my vitamineral greens powder to make a bombass smoothie and to probably gross them out hahaha!!! Remember they aren't healthy and the only green they like is guacamole....

Well I had some help from the trainer I didn't need his help until rep 3 but still I remember 70 lbs being super tough! And I don't care if they like my smoothie or not I will be drinking it and enjoying the benefits I have started working on building some major strength due to my line of work. No longer working on building the physical look going. Granted I love the physical look I just need the strength more. This was evident when I had to help a coworker pretty much deadlift a resident off the floor. I could do it but could tell I need more strength

New avatar pic since last here, you thin and healthy amazing woman, you! And ditto to what Forklift said on the "Hell yeah" for your 5K soon to be half marathon...I MISS running soo sooo much...I am still doing my 6 - 7 miles worth daily on a freakin' stairmill..not the same...I ra nfor 29 years...it is THE BOMB!!

YOU ARE AMAZING!!!!!!

I am finding my running legs slowly. Ready for the half marathon to get here so I can have my first vacation and see Disneyland at the same time!!!! Of course I am really looking forward to all the vegan cuisine out in that area since I am so limited here..... I have actually put on 20 lbs but not fretting over it cause I have been lifting much heavier and working nights. Hell this week I had to switch my sleeping to normal hours instead of night hours and have to switch back tomorrow.... Can we say stressing my body out???

January 19,2014 is the exact date of the run IF I can get registered. I have naturally strong legs so haven't noticed any strength issues as of yet. The running actually seems to be helping keep my knee pain under control which I really can't figure out why. I know I need to get some weight off before my next run so going to cut 99% of my processed food out and stick with things in whole state. So in other words lots of beans and rice and salad