NEW GUY IN THE UK - TRIED TO GET ON OVER AT MH & FAILED LOL!

turboveggie

Hi I'm new round here, I'm not a vegan, I'm veggie but I'm hoping I'll fit in better around here then I did over on the mens health forum.

I tried to ask about veggie friendly protein shakes and this happened:

http://www.menshealth.co.uk/community/forums/thread/1726052?page=1

oops

Still you have to stand up for what you believe in right & I guess most of you, like me get some grief for your diet choices on a fairly regular basis?

Either way, that thread has lead me here which I'm hoping will be a positive step!

so basically HELLO EVERYBODY... I AM TURBOVEGGIE.... AKA THE MENS HEALTH MEAT EATERS NEMESIS!

Hey there, Turboveggie!! Welcome to the Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness forum!

Oh jeez, I can see how frustrating that MH forum was, even just from reading the first page! What a bunch of idiotic, close-minded, insulting jerks over there, eh? Well, welcome over here, where you'll find lots of like-minded people who share your values. Though, don't be surprised if you find yourself treading the vegan waters before you know it!

Have a great day!

All the best,

Karen

Hi everyone, thanks for the warm reception... To answer the question I'm in Notts.

If you read the whole thread Karen you'd be amazed but if you are easily offended I shouldn't bother... I'll admit towards the end I actually just started being quite nasty back (which none of them could handle) but what was I supposed to do?

I'd like to see any of them threaten to force feed me a burger in real life... I'm not exactly small hahaha!

I did try veganism but I really struggled to hack it, my missus is veggie too but both our kids eat meat from time to time.... Not for any reason other than the fact that we want them to make the ir own choices. In the house we cook veggie food but if we go out they can pick whatever they want and about 50% of the time it will be meat.

As I said I struggled to hack being vegan but, well its a long story but I'm working towards having my own goats & chickens to produce eggs, cheese & milk from animals which I know 100% lead a relatively happy life.

• 2 weeks later...

Hahaha I just checked out your intro and saw the thread from Men's Health that you posted. Its funny and frustrating at the same time. Funny because I can relate, and frustrating because...I can relate. Glad you found us here. Hope you feel welcome and that you continue to share with us more.

-Dylan

Lol, that MH's thread was great! Thanks for the laugh man. Most people just aren't that bright... I don't bother defending or explaining my diet to anyone anymore. I just say, "for me personally, this lifestyle has me training harder and feeling better". Welcome man!

Welcome man, new here myself.

I know how it is. I deal with this everyday at work. Some just playful banter that's usually so extreme and far off that you can't take it seriously anyway, the rest just furthers my resolve to stick with the diet.

But you're among like minded folks here!