klaatus journey

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea gears are cheating, I treated my self to a no logo one, was about £300 before I stated customising, but I'd love a bianchi, some hills around here are a bitch but ive clocked up 40+mph on the way down before so it has it's benefits, it's not too bad, got a bench day tomorrow so I'm gonna start light and stop if I feel anything bad.

11/02

day 27

squat

65kg

bench

-

row

30kg

squats felt amazing, i felt like i had so much power still unused, still off benching just whilst my shoulder recovers and I've taken my row weight down again because i was jolting the weight up and have been for a while so I'm trying to lift heavier than i can, if i don't manage to make contact between my body and the bar, I'm going to class it as a failed rep.

was also weigh in day and according to the scales at the gym, i the last two weeks I've lost 3kg of muscle and gained 5kg of fat, this is obviously majorly wrong. not a very good days training at all.

Edited by klaatu21

13/02

day 28

squat

67.5kg

press

30kg

deadlift 100kg

squats were amazing again, im only going just below parallel now as the weight is getting heavyer, but im feeling it more on the inside of my thighs, my abductors i think, is this normal, is also the reason i couldnt complete my deads, really chuffed with my presses, best ive ever done:)

and the scales must have been wrong on monday because ive now apparantly lost 1kg of fat and gained 2.8kg of muscle, dont know if this is completely accurate, just happy that theyre both going in the right direction

i managed two last time, been yet another nasty week at work, got a meeting with social services tomorow, but i cant go into it, lets just say im desperate for a holiday haha but on a plus not the misses is taking me to see django unchained tomorrow:) you up to much?

16/7

day 29

squat

70kg

bench

row

35kg

i don't know whats changed lately with my squats but they're so incredibly strong recently, finally back on the bench, the programme said to dial it back so i did, but was still solid lifts and only a slight discomfort in my shoulder and I've dialled it back on the rows to concentrate on form, I'm keeping my torso parallel to the floor and only counting a rep if the bar comes in contact with my body. on the whole I'm really happy with today.

18/02

day 30

squat

72.5kg

press

32.5kg

1-2-2-2-3

deadlift

100kg

squats are getting tough, didn't feel strong at all on the presses today, and reads were awful, couldn't even get rep 1, my inner thighs were too weak from the squats, does anyone know why this is?

20/02

day 31

squats

75kg

bench

45kg

row

37.5 kg

everything today felt really solid, inner thighs feel bit better, bench was really good, i thought my right shoulder was feeling week after the first rep and i then realised it was lifting an extra 5kg haha rows were amazing, keeping my torso stock still and upping the tempo a little is really making a difference.

on a side note i think i know why ive been struggling on deads, and why my inner thighs feel over trained, my deads were way too heavy on the legs and not the back, more like a squat. im going to de load to about 60kg and clean up my form, might deload on squats for a week too, just to let my legs have a break, see what that does.

23/2

day 32

squats

77.5kg

press

32.5kg

5-4-3-3-3

deadlifts

60kg

squats were still good, now squatting over my body weight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, press was a struggle but better than last time, dialled it down on deads but focussed on form, mainly back now and it feels sooooooooo good, makes so much sense now