hi there!

vegangirl

So, I just joined because I want to (NEED to) get in shape. I went vegan for ethical reasons about 3 years ago. I'm kind of a junk food vegan with a mean sweet tooth. I have actually gained 25 lbs since going vegan! I do love to exercise, especially weight training but I have a young son, which makes it hard to get to the gym. But today I joined the Y and they offer childcare so no more excuses!

And can I say I am extremely impressed with the emoticon selection!

Welcome vegangirl!

I'm surprised your screen name wasn't taken earlier

And yes, quite a selection, over 600 choices for emoticons. One of our members Attila helped us with that, which we all appreciate. It makes some interesting posts and allows a little more creativity, but we still mostly focus on text and try to all help each other out.

Thanks for joining our group! I noticed you were interested in the Shape Up contest.....it is still OK to enter, and the sooner the better.

All the best, I look forward to hearing more from you.

Welcome vegangirl!!!

Where in mass are you from? I'm down the cape.

A junkfood vegan is still better for the animals and environment than a non-vegan

Nevertheless, I hope you can find some tips and motivation here to eat healthier - assuming you want to.

Hey welcome to the site, I was kinda in your sitch (situation) a few years ago, in that I have always been ethically vegetarian/vegan, but always ate crap and also had no interest in fitness and health, so I was a lard-ass, or rather, a soy-ass whatever. But I've been training over the last few years and in way better shape, it feels great to be in better physical condition, I feel I just have more energy to do things, and have a clearer head.

Hi Vegangirl! welcome to VBB, I too was in your situation.. all those many years ago (8 to be exact..seems like an eternity) I was overweight, unhealthy, not happy with myself. I decided to change something about that. And although it hasn't always been easy, as nothing worthwhile ever comes easy, I've stuck with it. although you will obviously come across setbacks, stick with it, as the old saying goes "It's better to shoot for the stars and fall on the mountain tops"

Welcome!

I hear you regarding the vegan "junkfood"

I've always had a sweet tooth too!

Once you start replacing it with healthier options, you barely miss it

I cut out the junk 2 weeks ago and I honestly don't have any cravings anymore. A vega bar beats any candy anyday!!!!

finbarrio, I am out in western MA in the Amherst/Northampton area. It is super vegan friendly out here. Where in the cape are you?

Amherst/Noho - great area!!! My roommate from college lives in Springfield (16 Acres), so we have often gone up to Noho for a meal and brews when I visit. The Noho brewery was a fave - don't know if it's still there. And I've rocked out at Pearl St and the Iron horse.

Me and the wife and animals live in Yarmouth Port - exit 8. Not the best place to be vegan restaurant-wise, but there's a Trader Joe's nearby so we manage pretty well cooking at home.