Raw Ambition

Raw Ambition

Hello Everyone,

My name is Will, I am 30 years old, and I live in Canada. I have been a raw food vegan for 4 years, and I love this lifestyle. I chose the nick name "Raw Ambition" because it was the title of an article done of me and my lifestyle in the city newspaper, July of 2003.

I live in a city of very few vegans, none of which I know like to train, so it is very nice to find somewhere where I can discuss my two favorite activities (Raw and Fitness)

Welcome to our group!

Nice to see you here. I just spent a week with some food foodists in California.

I'm not totally raw but I think it is a great lifestyle.

I hope you enjoy the forum and meet some great people on here.

All the best and welcome aboard!

Wow!! thank you, to everyone for replying. Thanks for having me aboard.. I would love to discuss and share raw nutrition and fitness tips with all of you. I am not 100% raw, more around 80-85% But that's because I've come to realize that 100% is not a magical number, nor should it be a badge to be worn "Look at me! I'm 100% raw, how raw are you??" It's about living healthy!

My training background? did you want to know what I do? or what I've done in the past? sets? reps? lifts? all of the above?? Oh boy! I love talking about training!

Are we allowed to talk about training here? or nutrition? or is that for other forums?

Hey Raw Ambition,

Great to have you here....and YES please talk about Nutrition and Training, but use those specific categories in the forum to keep it easy to find.

I like your RAW attitude. My friend Brendan Brazier is the same way. He is 80% raw 80% of the time. He eats cooked foods now and then but doesn't wear that label of 100% RAW. I don't think it's a big deal to wear that label, another friend Tonya Kay is 100% RAW and has been for 4 years, but they just do what works for them.

Anyway, let's move this over to Nutrition and talk about it there

Hi Raw-

I don't know much about raw diet, but it's fun to find out.

Where in Canada are you located? We have a bunch of awesome Canadians in here. Ottowa is the only city I've been to in Canada, and I really liked it.

Hi Fin,

I'm from Winnipeg, Manitoba. Which is about 200 miles north of Fargo ND (something like that)

Hiya Brookie, (and runner)

I am not on myspace, but I did check out your webpage, and it rawks!

I have been raw for 4 years now, and maybe unlike other rawers I was big into pumping it up even prior to switching to raw. What made me start? well it was a few things actually, one of which was my sister, who for most of her life has been vegetarian. She passed on Steven Arlins book "Raw Power" and I thought it was a good read, so I looked into more, and it just made sense. so I tried it... and it took less than one day for me to be convinced.