Hello from Seattle Wa :)

Introduce yourself. Tell us about your training history, how long you've been vegan, share some of your goals and some of your interests.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

Emilyyoung24
Finch

Hello from Seattle Wa :)

#1 Postby Emilyyoung24 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:17 pm

Hi everyone! My name is Emily Young and I'm a junior in college. Oh by the way, I'm only 20. Well anyways, I sparked an interest in fitness and health when I was 16 or somewhere around that. I didn't really know what to eat or do but I ran a lot! Then I read the book skinny bitch and watched food inc. which made me look at food totally different. I've attempted streaks of being meatless for years and kept on relapsing. When I was 18 I became interested in bodybuilding and lifting weights so I got a trainer which helped me so much. I began eating extremely clean but my diet was mainly meat and vegetables. All I cared about was protein. I cut dairy out almost completely. Then in September 2012 I became a trainer at 24 hour fitness in downtown Seattle for a while. There I began detoxing. But after so when I returned to my normal diet I didn't feel good. I was also obsessed with my image which drove me nuts. After all the detoxing I've done, I realized that I was ready to commit to being vegan. After all the attempts and relapses I've had, I knew I was ready. I committed to being vegan then I began feel mentally and physically better. I changed my goals to performance rather than appearance. But, I was still concerned with keeping muscle, so I bought Vegan bodybuilding and fitness and ended up on here. Well that's my introduction. Don't be afraid to ask me any questions :)

maybenot
Manatee

Re: Hello from Seattle Wa :)

#2 Postby maybenot » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:37 pm

Welcome Emily =)
Congratulations on your decision to become a vegan! Being happy with your decision is all that matters.

Arvid Beck
Manatee

#3 Postby Arvid Beck » Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:52 am

Hi there! Welcome to the board! :-)

I think there's nothing wrong about being a vein and caring a lot about your appearance, as long as you do it in a healthy way... ;) so...becoming vegan was a right step :) i would really try to hold on to it! You won't regret it ;))

Arvid Beck
Manatee

#4 Postby Arvid Beck » Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:57 am

* a bit vain ^^

Emilyyoung24
Finch

#5 Postby Emilyyoung24 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:44 pm

Thank you! I am really happy with my decision, I just can't believe it took me so long to get it right! Yes I still care about my appearance of course but I'm 100% positive if I eat healthy, workout and enjoy myself then results aka my appearance will follow too :) xoxo <3

Arvid Beck
Manatee

#6 Postby Arvid Beck » Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:12 am

That's true... if nutrition and training are well balanced, and you eat the right food in the right amount, your appearance should automatically develop in a positive way... ;)

C.O.
VBB Moderator

#7 Postby C.O. » Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:05 pm

Hi Emily, welcome to the group here. Saw your posts with before and afters and listing your workouts and diet, great stuff. Oh Seattle, I miss Marination Moble's sexy tofu kimchi fried rice so much!

-Dylan

Emilyyoung24
Finch

#8 Postby Emilyyoung24 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:38 pm

Thank you Thank you! Sexy tofu whaaaaat?! I'll have to try that! Where is that at? :) Seattle has such great places to eat!

Return to “Introductions”