Michaël's journal

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The show was intense, really! Actually always, every live performance is intense

Well, the media describes them as 'doom/sludge/post metal'.

I don't know how to describe them. Altough i been listening to hardcore and heavy music for over 18 years now, i can't label their genre that good.. they give my shivers and intense emotions like not much other music can.

I would say, check out their facebook https://www.facebook.com/churchofra or look them up on youtube.

Now it is too late because i don't check this journal tomorrow but i have a dinner with my work tomorrow and i will be the only one eating vegan. 28 others NOT! i should have asked for suggestions and tips to survive this because the usual 'let's-ask-those-why-are-you-vegan-questions' etc. will come up. either way, how would you guys deal with that. it's not a tete-a-tete it's 28 against 1!

Thanks guys!!

• 4 weeks later...
hey pal, how did you get on with your work meal? did you convince anyone that vegan is the way?

The dinner went pretty well, actually no discussion about veganism or anything like that. 2 of my colleagues participate in a Belgian project called "40 days without meat", which is about not eating meat the 40 days prior to Easter. From 1 colleague, her partner even participates and that is rather unlikely because you know, as a man when you don't eat meat, how can you be a man. You know that kind of thinking Hilarious!

So I encourage them a lot and give tips about recipes etc. It's a very good thing.

I did not train now for 3 weeks i think. Been to Barcelona and got motivated again by all those people running and doing bodyweight workouts all over town.

Winter weather keeps going on here and that keeps me from going outside, doing runs and sprints, etc..

So today i took my bike out, despite a cold and windy 2°C and went for a 10K ride. It felt good and i will keep going from now on!

So far this update

Saturday and today i did a cycle including a 5K run, sprints, box jumps, knee raises, hanging leg raises and uphill runs. It felt good but now i take 2 days recovery. In the nature park where i do most of the training i met an old time friend who was running also and we'll meet up more to do workouts together, so that's really good.

Happy Easter monday everybody, it's a national holiday in Belgium, tomorrow back to work.

Thursday evening went for another 5 km run, ran 1 lap in the nature park, did some uphill running there too. Box (actually it's a sitting bank) jumps, knee raises, squats and walking lunges. Did 1 pull up, 3 sets of 10 leg raises. Also did a variety of jumps over bars etc. felt good.

Tomorrow it's training again. I try to get my pull up numbers up. I start from 1 and hopefully i keep doing them and perform more of them. My main focus now is burn fat and get strong legs.

I'm still running and doing bodweight exercices such as squats and walking lunges untill failure. The pullups went from 2 x 1 to 3 x 2 to 1 x 4 followed by 3 x 2 so i'm doing more reps. this weekend i go for 5 reps in a row. maybe i'll have to do them earlier in my workout because by the time i do them i have already lost some energy with the running and the uphill sprints so maybe i'll do the pullups after my warming up which is a 2.3km jogging, to the nature park actually.

Today i'm quitting a long time habbit/addiction which i'm dealing with for over a few years now. i'm putting it out here more for myself than anthing else so that's that!

Yesterday I did a 32km bikeride and did a walk of about 6km in Brussels. Maybe i'll post some impression pics later on.

Today ran around 5km, did walking lunges, 1x3 + 1x2 pullups, one legged lunges, 5x10 lying leg raises, squats and uphill sprints. it feels good to train outside in nature. today it's nice weater so i'll go outside and read a book in a nearby naturepark.

hey pal, how did you get on with your work meal? did you convince anyone that vegan is the way?

The dinner went pretty well, actually no discussion about veganism or anything like that. 2 of my colleagues participate in a Belgian project called "40 days without meat", which is about not eating meat the 40 days prior to Easter. From 1 colleague, her partner even participates and that is rather unlikely because you know, as a man when you don't eat meat, how can you be a man. You know that kind of thinking Hilarious!

So I encourage them a lot and give tips about recipes etc. It's a very good thing.

hey mate, sorry for the late reply! at least it all went ok, and you didnt have to spend all night explaining stuff to ppl!

i agree with you about training outdoors in nature too, i might drag some of my weights outside in the summer once its warmer!

hope the training is going well!