How to Get Good Posture

Lately, I've been feeling like I'm not carrying myself properly. I've heard that bad posture can lead to back and neck problems over time while good posture can lead to better confidence.

Does anyone have any knowledge about the effects of posture on health, mood, and training? Does anyone have any reliable sources that teach proper posture and its benefits?

"The body was designed to be as energy efficient as possible. However, since our bodies have been put through the meat grinder of daily sedentary living, we have lost our energy saving capabilities.

In essence, you are always fighting against gravity, and when your body is misaligned, it is fighting way more than it needs to be. In turn we feel more tired, muscles feel tight, and this takes a toll physically AND mentally.

When you get the body closer to it’s original form, you make it much more energy efficient and in turn, things that were once difficult will seem much easier."

(Source: http://bonytobeastly.com/posture-muscle-match-made-in-muscle-heaven/)

Interesting...

My body posture is bad too. My shoulders slump forward, when I try and walk around with 'correct posture' it does feel odd. My posture has improved over the last few months. Mainly from just trying to be conscious of it as much as possible. Posture and form is crucial when training is huge so concentrating on form has had flow on effects

• 1 month later...

My posture is horrible also. I have anterior pelvic tilt and that completely throws my physique off. It's probably from wearing a knapsack during my elementary school years and sitting at the computer for long periods of time. I hate it because it gives the illusion of a big belly and a big butt. This isn't a picture of me, but this is basically my exact posture. http://ericcressey.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/APT.jpg