Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:03 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Survey says......
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:00 am 
Finch

I will continue with my vegan eating. I started 8 weeks ago as a challenge to change who I am. Like many others, it started as a resolution. I don't like to call it a resolution though because everyone knows that resolutions are temporary. In 2012 my family was riddled with cancer. I watched numerous "mainstream" documentaries, read books, researched online, and took off running. I cleaned out the refrigerator and pantry and went 100% free of animal products. I thought it was going to be extremely difficult. But being the cook that I am I took it as a challenge in learning to rethink cooking. I saute with shots of water instead of dallops of butter or olive oil. I use vegetables that I walked by a thousand times at the grocery story. I have eaten nearly everything in the produce section and I have found a way to make it work for me. I drink green smoothies packed full or spinach and other greens and I eat tons of other raw foods. I have never felt better in my life. Today was the end of an 8 week challenge for me. And the results astonished me. (I will upload pictures later)

My results
Down 24 lbs
Down 3 % BF
Down 3.5 inches from my waist
Down 8 inches total

This life is here to stay. I appreciate everyone on these forums that has shared their trials, tribulations, and good recipes!

Nostrovia!

Post subject: Re: Survey says......
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:28 pm 
VBB Moderator

Nostrovia! Ha, welcome. What's your name and where are you from? You sound like you are super motivated. Glad to have another motivated member on board with us here...pun intended.

-Dylan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:29 am 
Finch

C.O. wrote:
Nostrovia! Ha, welcome. What's your name and where are you from? You sound like you are super motivated. Glad to have another motivated member on board with us here...pun intended.

-Dylan

Scott from Colorado.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:05 pm 
Gorilla

Hi Scott! I'm from Colorado, too (Fort Collins, specifically). I moved away last year, but hope to make it back at some point.

Your story is awesome and inspriring! Congratulations on taking control of your health destiny!

Welcome, welcome, welcome! I hope you'll stick around the forum and help others out on their journey as well, since you have done so well yourself. Your story alone is worth sharing at every opportune time!

Best wishes,
Karen

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:19 pm 
Finch

kareno wrote:
Hi Scott! I'm from Colorado, too (Fort Collins, specifically). I moved away last year, but hope to make it back at some point.

Your story is awesome and inspriring! Congratulations on taking control of your health destiny!

Welcome, welcome, welcome! I hope you'll stick around the forum and help others out on their journey as well, since you have done so well yourself. Your story alone is worth sharing at every opportune time!

Best wishes,
Karen

I live in Loveland and work in Fort Collins as a firefighter for Poudre Fire Authority.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:29 pm 
Elephant

s_wilson84 wrote:
I live in Loveland and work in Fort Collins as a firefighter for Poudre Fire Authority.

I am guessing you have read Engine 2 then?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:46 pm 
Manatee

Welcome Scott! Those are some great numbers for 8 weeks into veganism!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:01 pm 
Finch

Fallen_Horse wrote:
I am guessing you have read Engine 2 then?

I haven't read the book. I picked it up at a local health food store thinking it was a cook book. I didn't realize there was a book as well. I didn't end up buying it that day because they wanted an arm and a leg and I'd already given them for some other items. I did however, watch the documentary on Netflix.