alright, alright, ALRIIIIIGHT! NUB HELP

Brezi7777

HELLO!

My name is Brezi,

i reside in Colorado, love the shit out of Colorado. I've been vegan for almost a year, went vegetarian like 3 months before being vegan.

I've always been interested in health and fitness, though my lifestyle didnt always reflect that. now, ill be 21 march 11th, i went from my heaviest at 186 (postpartum). but i quickly lost 20 lbs because of breast feeding, the next 20 lbs took almost a year...(poor yoyo dieting and lack of exercise/motivation)

anyways, after the vegan transition the next 10 lbs came off, then i plateaued at like 135 which brings me to present time----

sw:186

cw:132

gw:???

im a newbie at lifting weights, now that ive read and seen a few things about how no matter your gender, LIFT WEIGHTS!

yes, yes, sadly i fell victim to the dreaded phrase "i dont want to get too bulky" hahaha....

luckily, i.would.fuckin.love.to.get."bulky"!

i just need a little help making a game plan as to when and what to do in the gym. im no stranger to the gym, just to the weight room. and honestly im a bit intimidated by the wonderfully stacked females that pretty much claim territory in there ._.

oh how i long to lift like them!

i have incredible will power, motivation, and TIME one my hands to get in shape! i just need some direction (free direction)

im researching, and reading books, and what nots...just want to know if someone cant point me in the direction of a good beginners routine.

my GW is at ??? bcuz i did a body fat percentage check and it said my GW should be 131....so really i have no goal weight anymore (thank the lord! i hate that shit) now its just about MUSCLE...GRRRRRRRRRRRRR

THANKS!!!

I'd suggest looking through some of the logs/journals kept on this forum for examples of routines people have. Look up the exercises and try them out at the gym. If you haven't lifted weights before, then pretty much anything you choose to do should work. Do them for a few weeks and then reassess things. Experiment and find what works for you, then share it here.

Hi Brezi, and welcome to the forum! Where in Colorado do you live? I'm from Colorado myself (Fort Collins), though I just moved away last year. Anyhow, like Kon said above, I would say to look through people's journals here and see what interests you. I'm also finding it's really important/helpful to keep a journal at the gym. I've started taking my journal to the gym with me and keep track of all the exercises, weights, and reps/sets. It's really helpful, not only to track improvements made, but also just to remember what kind of exercises to do - haha! You can also look at the website www.bodybuilding.com, where I believe they have lots of exercises demonstrated in videos there.

Best of luck to you! Ask people specifically if you have certain questions. People here are really friendly, but you sometimes have to post direcly in their journals or on specific threads to get answers.

thanks guys, is there a sticky I'm missing for journals?

anyways I'm from the Springs. never actually been to fort collins but I know a few people that moved there after high school.

I do like that app from bodybuilding. com...awesome stuff. I just don't like that you gotta log in every time you enter the app, and that its like a website embedded in an app makes it hard to find your way around. lol, sorry...started getting picky about that stuff, my husband is an android programmer.

anyways, ill look for those journals an start one myself thanks! ")

I do have one. I tend to make mine more journal-y and less stats oriented that most people on here but it helps me personally to share my progress verbally and through goals and experience rather than stats. I keep stats for myself on weights and reps but maybe I should share them with the group.

Thanks for checking me out and i'll keep an eye out for your new journal.

-Dylan