Hey all

Roadbike

Hey folks!

I'm new to hitting the gym (I've been making a routine of it for the last four weeks now), and have been having a blast with it. Once upon a bike courier and pedicab operator recovering and working to strengthen my knee again after an accident that blew out my PCL, damaged my MCL and cracked some cartilage years ago that's started to act up more often lately. Taking it slow on building from the core and one leg back up but having a good time working the upper body. A little out of shape still, but slowly amping up, and would love to get advice on routines etc from all of you.

Right now I'm hitting the gym (Goodlife... and I don't need the groans, I live in a small town up here in Canada and decided to opt for the closest gym to make sure I didn't get an excuse to not make it out) four times a week for at least an hour each time. Split about 1/3 cardio 2/3 strength most days, though I've also been going to some of their classes (BodyPump and CXWorks) and have been having a great time of it.

This summer will be my eighth year as a vegan.

• 2 weeks later...