Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:56 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Hail all
PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:19 am 
Finch

Bob here,

I am relatively new to vegan lifestyle (mostly dietary at this point 5 weeks going strong) and excited to have found this community. I hope to gain valuable insight that will help me achieve my fitness goals while holding true to the vegan diet as well.

Post subject: Re: Hail all
PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:20 am 
Elephant

hi mate, plenty of people to help and get ideas from here......everyone is friendly unlike alot of forums!
are you enjoying the change to vegan?

mike

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:01 pm 
Finch

I am.

I ate relatively healthy before and got interested after my wife and I had been trying alot of new recipes. Turned out that a lot of these recipes were vegetarian and some even vegan. I had considered trying vegetarian for a few weeks and possibly vegan if that went well, just to see what it was about. Then I come home from work one day and my wife had watched a few documentaries and wanted to give a vegan diet a shot for Lent (she's Catholic). We were so excited to begin we started a few weeks early and been going strong ever since. I enjoy it and don't dwell on tasty things I don't eat anymore. I like to think about all the healthier and new things we've added into our diet.

My friends and coworkers don't understand and to be honest, maybe I didn't either until doing it.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:35 am 
VBB Moderator

Welcome to the community here Bob. Where are you located? Don't let those that don't understand weigh in and change your mind when you are seeing positive results. Glad you found us here and I hope to continue to hear more from you.

-Dylan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:51 am 
Finch

Thanks for the welcome Dylan,

Past few years I've been living in Dayton, Ohio area. I guess we have a vegan cafe opening up soon in the area, pretty excited to check that place out.

I mostly ignore their shenanigans. I think they're ridiculous comments help to strengthen my resolve in a way.