turning mrbear into a mountain!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How dare you lower the tone of my journal MF! weeks been ok thanks, bad weather is back again now grrrrr........... hows is it with you? boiling hot i bet

Bahahaha, just livening things up. Yeah my week was good until I got gastroenteritis early Friday morning. Spent Friday throwing up and today I have stupidly bad diarrhoea, no kidding I have been to the toilet 30+ times in the last few hours.

Lost a little over 7lb yesterday, likely to be another couple of pounds today. Feel like all my hard work in the gym has been for nothing at the moment

ugh nightmare mate! youll bounce back quick tho! plenty of food and water once your feeling ok and youll be back to your old self, most of the weight youve lost is probably only water.

not much really mate mate just laze around and eat i think weathers awful so hibernate indoors!

Normally I have a mix of everything possible, something that keeps me going. Even songs that I would never listen normally... they seem good for running

But recently I've got the tracks of Bodycombat 54, it's my favorite class at the gym and I feel like a mad person listening to those tracks while going somewhere and imagining all the routine So I started using these songs for running and it works brilliant

Do you run?

british weather does take some serious getting used to!

gotta have some good tunes when your running, fast stuff i used to like when i did run, havent done for a long time now..........sometimes have a quick dash round on the beach with the dog!

btw are left or right in your avatar?

i know i moan about the weather but iam lucky where i live, i can see the beach and loads of countryside around me.............in summer its brilliant! fingers crossed it will start to warm up soon, you can sit outside with your sex on the beach then

hmmm where to start, i read all kinds of books, from sports biographies, endurance athletes books, mountaineering books, bodybuilding, cycling, some nature ones, some nuclear warfare and conspiracy type books, diet and nutrition books, and alot of trawling the various forums online but not all in one weekend tho

how about you?

OMG, you read a lot

I read books about nutrition and healthy lifestyle as well (keep buying more and more!), about self improvement/motivation and stuff, now I've got some fresh arrivals about vegan fitness to read as well. And then magazines about travelling and photography, interior.

And I read various novels once in a while. I've been reading Paulo Coelho for awhile - wanna read all his books up to date and I'm very looking forward to his new one that will be released in UK on my birthday

sweet, another reader! i keep buying more too, ive got a massive stack to get thru here the self improvement/motivation kinda stuff interests me but i havent bought any yet, any recomendations? ive been meaning to get some philosophy books also. your into photography?

youll have to pre order the book so it arrives on your birthday!

Don't tell me about the book stacks, I've got them all around my house

About motivation, I've been reading McKenna, got some few more of some lady author, but still didn't have a chance to read it (it's in one of the stacks ). I was a bit sceptic when I started reading McKenna first, but at the end I was more open minded, even still I didn't practice his 'exercises' and hypnosis stuff. But he's good, puts you to the right direction. And as long as I had his advices in my mind - it really worked.

Yeah, I'm in to photography, I love it and was studying more seriously before but now it's only my hobby

Oh, believe me I checked on Waterstones few times, but somehow I still can't preorder that book

I've got a book about the history of philosophy (or something like, explaining all the movements and so on) but never read it I can borrow you I'd like to read more something about psichology

haha your house sounds like mine, its like a library here ive heard alot of people enjoy his books might read one some day then, dont think id ever get put under real hypnosis though, id be too scared incase i didnt come out of it!

my dads really into photography too, i steal his camera now and again but my pics are usually rubbish what do you like to take pics of mainly?

has amazon got the book your after for pre order?

haha, we'll do a book swap sometime, im bound to have something around youd like

Don't tell me about the book stacks, I've got them all around my house

About motivation, I've been reading McKenna, got some few more of some lady author, but still didn't have a chance to read it (it's in one of the stacks ). I was a bit sceptic when I started reading McKenna first, but at the end I was more open minded, even still I didn't practice his 'exercises' and hypnosis stuff. But he's good, puts you to the right direction. And as long as I had his advices in my mind - it really worked.

Yeah, I'm in to photography, I love it and was studying more seriously before but now it's only my hobby

Oh, believe me I checked on Waterstones few times, but somehow I still can't preorder that book

I've got a book about the history of philosophy (or something like, explaining all the movements and so on) but never read it I can borrow you I'd like to read more something about psichology

Preordered!! I don't know why I didn't think about amazon before, thank you!!!

Is your dad a photographer or just into?

Well I love travel photography, portraits, event photography. You can check my fb page, it's been abandoned for a while though... https://www.facebook.com/PettomaPhotography

What books about nutrition do you read?

Oh btw about McKenna, you get a CD of hypnosis with his books, so one night I said okay, I'll give it a go (even if I was soooo sceptic and actually been against any kind of hypnosis all my life). So one night before sleeping I put my headphones on and started listening. It made me laugh at the beginning, I was laughing at my self actually. But then I started listening to the talking and that flowing water sounds and then the next minute I was crying, don't really know why and at the end I fell asleep, but he woke me up at the end of the tape didn't like that experience.

Preordered!! I don't know why I didn't think about amazon before, thank you!!!

no worries

Is your dad a photographer or just into?

Well I love travel photography, portraits, event photography. You can check my fb page, it's been abandoned for a while though... https://www.facebook.com/PettomaPhotography

hes just does it for fun really hes done a few weddings etc for people........hes a sculpter also so he takes alot of his work!

What books about nutrition do you read?

all kinds really, i like john mcdougalls books, doug grahams 80 10 10, i read non vegan books also so i can laugh at some of the stuff they say.

Oh btw about McKenna, you get a CD of hypnosis with his books, so one night I said okay, I'll give it a go (even if I was soooo sceptic and actually been against any kind of hypnosis all my life). So one night before sleeping I put my headphones on and started listening. It made me laugh at the beginning, I was laughing at my self actually. But then I started listening to the talking and that flowing water sounds and then the next minute I was crying, don't really know why and at the end I fell asleep, but he woke me up at the end of the tape didn't like that experience.

wow that sounds crazy, im defo not keen on the idea now ugh gotta go to work now and, suprise its raining again! nevermind, weights tonight so im happy

mrbear whats ya all time best sports autobiography youve read? I like to read them, havent read a whole lot of them tho

hey mate, erm thats a hard, one.....i love all of lance armstrongs books.........ultra marathon man by dean karnazes was brilliant too

Oh and how do you feel after Mr Armstrong made his confessions? I've never been in to cycling (well apart from when I was maybe 13-14 and won the first place in road cycling in my town ) so never really followed him, but still I was bit shocked. Did he wrote those books himself?

I'm reading 80/10/10 at the moment and I'm living it!! I'm becoming such a health freak

Never heard of John McDougall, will have to check him out

hey original! i wasnt shocked about lance i personally beleive that nearly all elite level athletes are on the juice, especially in ultra events sports like the tour de france..........i reckon youd have to go back to like 20th place to find clean ppl..........they need to just legalize it in sports it getting ridiculous now.

you won a cycling race? thats so cool , i love cycling but ive kinda fallen back in love with weights this winter so probably wont do a huge amount this year. yeah he wrote the books, there really good whatever you happen to think of him.

801010 is a great book isnt it! doug graham is an amazing guy, have you seen his seminars on youtube? john mcdougall is highly recomended by me too, his books are kind of like a cooked version of 801010, advocating more beans rice potatos and so on, which is what i stick to really! "the starch solution" is a good book by him.