Here goes nothing! Journal

Create and maintain your own personal online journal. Log your meals and/or workouts, and monitor your progress. Hold yourself accountable and receive support, suggestions, and be open to feedback.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

Here goes nothing! Journal

#1 Postby Jennyg4882 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:03 pm

Well, I figured this is a good way to stay accountable for what I do, so here goes nothing:

Raw Soaked Oat Groats and 2 dates, chopped and pitted

Snack 1
Dehydrated Raw Flax Bread with Raw Honey and Tahini

Snack 2
Manitoba Protein Powder, Spinach, Banana Shake

Sun Warrior Vegan Protein, 1 Orange, 1 Cup Grapes

1 Cup spiraled Zuchinni and 1 large spiraled carrot with 1 cup of homemade raw marinara sauce and 1.5 TBSP Nutritional Yeast

Worked Out - now keep in mind I teach 6-8 classes a week, so I do what I can, when I can type of thing…
Deadlift - 3 sets of 6-8, 50lbs plus bar
Lunges - 2 sets of 12 on each leg using just the bar overhead for weight
Assisted Pull ups - 2 sets 10-12
Cable Row - 2 Sets 8-10
Cable Chest Press - 2 Sets 6-8
Universal Machine Overhead Press - 2 sets 12
Cable Let Work (lower the pulley to the floor, stap that bad boy on, slap some weight on, and kick leg up and back while standing) 2 sets of 12

I know its not much - but I teach two classes tomorrow and don't want to be overly-sore. I plan on having one more snack later, maybe some home made dehydrated turnip chips and guacamole, plus a glass of wine (thats my guilty pleasure :augenroller:

Re: Here goes nothing! Journal

#2 Postby Compassion » Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:17 pm

Manitoba Protein Powder? I googled it, and it came up with Is that the same thing? A Canadian vegan protein powder? Do you like it?

#3 Postby Jennyg4882 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:33 pm

Hey there!
Yup - appears to be the same thing. Its very gritty, kind of sweet, and blends well with fruits. I am happy with it so far, but probably wouldn't use it in a shaker on its own.

VBB Moderator

#4 Postby C.O. » Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:13 pm

Nice, looks like a good start to your training and fitness journal. Ugh, I am not a fan of gritty protein powders but it seems the majority of them are pretty gritty. I agree though the key is make a smoothie. If you're going to go just water/soy/rice milk and shaker I'd say Vega is the probably the best.

Return to “Online Training Journals & Blogs”