Squat, bench, DL & occasional running

How many did you manage dude? And how are things in NZ? Haven't spoken to you in what seems like agggges!

Yeah, has been a little while aye ?! Managed 25 reps, could have easily got to 30 with some chalk but my grip was going and I didn't want to risk pulling/straining anything. Was a little disappointed with myself at the time but oh well, can't do much about it

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Big day of eating is underway in preparation for training legs tonight...

Breakfast was oats & homemade muesli about 8am. Then headed out for a mushroom sandwich (and a crumbed mushroom) from a local farmers market. Delicious!

Just cooked up some spicy vegan burgers, salad, potato wedges and a couple of free range eggs cooked with a teaspoon of garlic. We do get a few eggs every now and then from a friend that keeps a few chickens in her garden, she has them as pets. Any fish has pretty much gone from my diet now, so it's really only the odd egg every now and then that I have

rsz_205630_10151279837898720_360792559_n.jpg.cd4fcba57476372b722d51199da91aa6.jpg

Lunch

rsz_11167_10151357030713720_328955989_n.thumb.jpg.4859f147ab5fd414d2dd3ea9838c7b52.jpg

Breakfast #2

Had a pretty good leg day myself today. Go heavy and go deep!

Turned out to be a good session, I threw some bench into the mix as well. Started off pretty average ~ tweaky back, sore knees and the weight just felt heavy right from the start. Had to try and get my mind right at the start as I was close to walking out of the gym, glad I stuck with it though

Worked up to 275 on reverse band box squats (got 264 for a double and 275 for a solid single), then moved onto bench and got 237 which I'm happy with.

Video and write up on the way...

3rd MARCH 2013

BODYWEIGHT: 144

TRAINING TIME: 9pm

DURATION: 60mins

WORKOUT COMMENTS: STARTED OFF SHIT, ENDED UP GOOD

INTENT: POWERFUL FAST SQUATS AND MAX BENCH ATTEMPT

WAKING PULSE RATE: 40

MP3:

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS6Hqgl0z4E-092KOQXYujIy2itUtM4TWjITYgkg5g4Dn5ojk1N

BENCH (ME) / SQUATS (SPEED)

PAUSED BENCH

BAR x 10

110 x 8

132 x 6

176 x 3

200 x 2

220 x 1

232 x 1

237 x 1

REV. BAND BOX SQUATS (TO PARALLEL)

BAR x 8

110 x 6

132 x 5

176 x 5

220 x 5

242 x 2

264 x 2

275 x 1

** Got the last couple of sets of squats on video, will put them together with the '220 DL for reps' from the other night as well as some of the Slingshot bench sets

How's that injury you mentioned in my blog? All better?

Looks like you've been killing it, as always.

What was in that mushroom sandwich? Just sauteed mushrooms? It looks absolutely delicious..lol Didn't I tell you a while ago that you're not allowed to post food pictures anymore?

Cheers guys, will answer y'all soon as I have to rush out the door to pick the girls up from my Grandparents place.

Just got notification today that I placed 3rd overall out of 16 lifters with a Wilks score of 232.1 for the push/pull meet last month.

Nicely done!

Thanks Cown, how are you btw? Hope you are having a better weekend than me.

I got gastroenteritis early Friday morning. Spent Friday throwing up and today I have stupidly bad diarrhoea, no kidding I have been to the toilet 30+ times in the last few hours.

Lost a little over 7lb yesterday, likely to be another couple of pounds today. Feel like all my hard work in the gym has been for nothing at the moment, I'm nearly down to the next weight class ?!

ouch dude, that doesn't sound good. How can you lose that much weight in such a short time? A lot of it has to be water weight, right?

I hope you get back to good health soon!

I doubt this is going to kill your year for lifting. Built up strength and muscle fiber shouldn't deteriorate that quickly, and you're a pretty strong dude.

Bypassing the part where you shared just a little too much.. = P

It sounds like you had an awful weekend...Any idea what caused it? Everything always seems worse when it's happening. This will be a set back for you, with losing 13lbs n all, but it won't take you out for the season. You train like a beast. You'll get it back

6th MARCH 2013

BODYWEIGHT: 145

TRAINING TIME: 9.30pm

DURATION: 50mins

WORKOUT COMMENTS: NOT A BAD SESSION, TECHNIQUE COULD'VE BEEN TIGHTER ON THE SS BENCH

INTENT: STRONG 'TOUCH & GO' BENCHING

WAKING PULSE RATE: 48

SLINGSHOT BENCH NIGHT

DYNAMIC WARMUP

5mins

SLINGSHOT BENCH

RAW WARMUP:

BAR x 10

110 x 5

SLINGSHOT ON:

154 x 5

176 x 5

200 x 5

220 x 6

220 x 6 *REPS PB*

INC. D.BELL CHEST PRESS

53 x 10

66 x 8

75 x 6

** Got the last few sets on video, was pissed that my elbows were still flaring out so much. I need to work on that

12th MARCH 2013

BODYWEIGHT: 141

TRAINING TIME: 9.30pm

DURATION: 40mins

WORKOUT COMMENTS: FIRST SESSION BACK AFTER SICKNESS

INTENT: TO GET TO THE END AND FINISH THE DAMN WORKOUT

WAKING PULSE RATE: 50

MP3:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/7/73/HouseofGoldandBonesPt1.jpg/220px-HouseofGoldandBonesPt1.jpg

ACCESSORY MOVEMENTS

STANDING OHP

BAR x 10

66 x 10

88 x 8

88 x 8

PAUSED HIGH INC. BENCH

BAR x 10

88 x 10

132 x 5

154 x 4

EZ B.BELL STANDING FRENCH PRESS