Rossco's journal

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its quite rare down here but yeah you're right the novelty wears off so quick.

Well I've been 'bulking' since I started taking my training seriously so have no idea how to cut.. I'm just gonna hit cardio+bodyweight exercises and drop the crap food/lower the calories. I'm just thinking of the beach though thatll get me through! Got any advice for cutting??

erm, i havent got a huge amount of experience cutting as ive been on a permanent bulk my whole life , but i think what youve got planned sounds good just keep the weights up too so you maintain your muscle and diet nice and steady then you can see things change and tweak things before it goes too far i.e losing muscle with the fat...........a big difference ive found is doing my cardio low intesity rather than high.

you never alone when u got a wilson!

I lost him when I was rafting to the mainland!! Hahaha

CARDIO + CLEAN DIET + WEIGHTS + MAKE SURE YOUR CALORIES IN ARE SLIGHTLY LESS THAN CALORIES OUT

Haha cheers jim, how much weight training will I still be doing? I was gonna keep it light whilst cutting

Thursday 14/3/13

CHEST and CARDIO

Nothing major today, few sets of bench and dips and then hitting the bag for a while!

BENCH PRESS

20 KG x 12 reps

40 Kg x 12 reps

50 Kg x 12 reps

57.5 Kg x 10 reps

50 Kg x 12 reps

DIPS

X 12 reps

X 12 reps

X 12 reps

X 10 reps

Punching bag for 25 minutes

Off to a gig tonight so short and sweet on the training

Its just a run of the mill standard mountain bike but I love it ahha I'll put up a pic or something!

So now that I'm cleaning up my diet and throwing in some cardio I'm gonna do less bullshit so I'm getting rid of pointless exercises and keeping to the basics, squats, ohp, deadlift, bench, pullups/chin.

Sunday 17/3/13

SQUATS all ATG

0Kg x 12 reps

20 Kg x 12 reps

60 Kg x 12 reps

60 Kg x 12 reps

70 Kg x 10 reps

CHIN UPS

X 7 reps

X 7 reps

X 6 reps

OVERHEAD PRESS

20 Kg x 10 reps

30 Kg x 10 reps

40 kg x 10 reps

50 Kg x 6 reps PB lolllll

60 Kg x fail! But at least I know my limit now!

And then some punching bag time!

So now that I'm cleaning up my diet and throwing in some cardio I'm gonna do less bullshit so I'm getting rid of pointless exercises and keeping to the basics, squats, ohp, deadlift, bench, pullups/chin.

Good call mate, those exercises rule all !!

Don't knock your OHP, that's pretty good. Besides, you got another PB woohoo!

Yeahh well I wasn't knocking it as such but I had assumed I could do more baha!

20 minutes punching bag and then ab work.

So I've lowered my total calories (I assume) I've cut crap food out and upped my protein but now I'm suffering with erm.. Lots of farts.. Anyone want to shed light on this rather embarresing issue? Is it because of the protein upping or what?

Ello mate, it was at the time... I'm not sure if it was a hangover or a stomache bug but all day yesterday I was throwing up.. A lot. Managed one slice of toast and could only just hold water down. I couldn't even bring myseld to go on here or watch tv baha, felt okay in the evening and managed a bit of chilli though, the appetite is back full force today and its the girlfriends bday so we're off to do some shopping and going to our favourite restaurant