Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:20 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Nervous
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:37 pm 
Rabbit

I think I am eating fairly well, however, when I punch all of the food I eat in a day into cronometer it shows me some numbers that I personally think are ugly. My daily averages for the past 7 days have been 80g protein, 320g carbs and 52g fat. All of this and my daily calorie intake is right around 2000. I am 21 years old, 5' 10" tall and weigh in at around 127-128lbs. I just don't want to get fat and I'm afraid the amount of carbs and fat I am eating will lead me to weight gain (fat). I eat rolled oats, 10 grain hot cereal, brown rice, beans, lentils tofu and just started eating some seitan. I also snack on cereal, fruits, nuts and vegetables with hummus and peanut butter. Any ideas about my macronutrient intakes? I have search on here for a while and found some useful information but just not totally applicable to my situation. Any insight is appreciated! Thank guys!

Post subject: Re: Nervous
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:50 pm 
VBB Moderator

Search around this site, a lot of people live and die by wonderful carbs. You didn't mention what type of exorcise you are getting? You may want to bump up the protein a bit if you are trying to gain muscle. Also I can't really tell from the way you listed it but fruits and vegetables should be the base of your diet not just a snack one or two servings a day. I'd also definitely recommend seeds, flax and chia are two of the best most beneficial.
Don't just take my advice though. Dig through people's training journals and use the search function here on the site. See what's working for people.

-Dylan

Post subject: Re: Nervous
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:07 pm 
Rabbit

Thank you very much for the quick advice C.O. Yes I underemphasized how much vegetables I eat every day! I eat vegetables with every meal and always start

my day off with a healthy couple servings of steamed vegetables with my oats or 10 grain. I also add nuts or seeds to my oats and 10 grain and usually my large

second lunch salad. Also, I'm pretty sure I'm going to answer my own question, but, in order to fix my carb/protein ratio a little (raise protein and lower carbs)

would the proper thing to do be replace some bean/legume meals with more tofu/seitan/tempeh? I don't want to have to rely on protein shakes, I'd prefer to do

this all with chewable foods, haha. I am trying to build muscle and it hasn't been a very successful process! I lift weights 3 times per week for about 1-1.25 hours

per day and run 2-3 days a week from anywhere to 30 minutes to 1 hour. Thank you very much for the advice!