Am I doing it right?

All topics relating to health, diet, nutrition programs and any questions you might have about general health.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

Paulista
Rabbit

Am I doing it right?

#1 Postby Paulista » Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:33 am

Hello guys;

I have been looking for growing some muscles; but I am not still sure if I am eating in the right way. I eat a lot of brown rice and beans and chickpeas, lentils, TVP and peas are quite affordable; I also add some carrots, onions, sweet potatos and vegetables to my meals. Besides breakfast and 3 main meals during the day, whenever I feel hungry I eat bananas, melons, peanuts, soy milk with oats and whole wheat bread.
I work out five times a week for the last 6 months, and recently I started to take soy protein powder (27gm of protein a day), creatine and bcaa. I gained some weight (about 1.5kg) so I think everything is going well =]
So guys, what do you think? Suggestions?
Thanks!

Compassion
Manatee

Re: Am I doing it right?

#2 Postby Compassion » Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:43 am

Are you seeing strength gains? Muscle gains? Weight gains ?

The type of food you are eating looks good, but are you eating enough? Drinking enough water, etc.
-Evan

Paulista
Rabbit

Re: Am I doing it right?

#3 Postby Paulista » Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:57 pm

Yes, I am looking for strength and muscle gains. I was told during this time I also would gain some fat, because it is kind of impossible to gain only muscle mass. In fact, I have some belly fat, because I used to be really overweight in the past... So, my goal is to get big now and then in the future lose some fat.
I drink around 3-4 liters of water each day and since I started to take some creatine I dont drink alcohol at all.

Return to “Health & Nutrition Programs”