Soy free protein powders

All topics relating to health, diet, nutrition programs and any questions you might have about general health.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

unspkxvx
Finch

Re: Soy free protein powders

#91 Postby unspkxvx » Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:45 am

I've read that 97% rice protein + 3% lysin has nearby the same AA range like milk. I ordered rice protein + lysin online and I'll mix it as soon as i get it. Hopefully it is not as vile as pea or hemp protein..

Mike83
Finch

#92 Postby Mike83 » Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:18 pm

Hi there,

I discovered a new vegan power protein recently. It's name is SUNSATION MAN. I am really happy that I have discovered it as I really like it and its ingredients. I feel really healthy and strong. I am following this treat since a few months and wanted to share my new experience with you as I experienced myself that it is not that easy to find a vegan protein powder since soya.

Greetings from Germany,
Mike

endcruelty
Elephant

#93 Postby endcruelty » Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:08 am

unspkxvx wrote:I've read that 97% rice protein + 3% lysin has nearby the same AA range like milk. I ordered rice protein + lysin online and I'll mix it as soon as i get it. Hopefully it is not as vile as pea or hemp protein..

Dammit, is pea protein really that bad? lol I just bought 2lbs of the stuff online.

jaguar
Rabbit

#94 Postby jaguar » Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:37 am

endcruelty - personally I love my pea protein and wouldn't get anything else! It's versatile too, I've done almost everything possible to do with a protein powder, from sweet to savoury. Nomnomnom.

endcruelty
Elephant

#95 Postby endcruelty » Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:23 am

I got my pea protein, I had to try it with just water, to see how it tastes. I did 30g scoop with about 500ml, I was gagging towards the end lol Maybe it was the extra foam that was on top though. I'll still use it, but with fruits and other ingredients blended into a smoothie from now on :)

Mini Forklift Ⓥ
VBB Moderator, Powerlifter & Ultrarunner

#96 Postby Mini Forklift Ⓥ » Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:41 am

I use a split pea protein too. Tastes great, the ingredients list nothing apart from fruit proteins and split peas and has a protein content of 85% :)
Attachments
Clean Lean Protein.gif
Nutrition panel
Clean Lean Protein.gif (47.65 KiB) Viewed 3023 times

Globalee
Finch

#97 Postby Globalee » Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:41 pm

I just posted this on another thread, but if you want arealy good ethically sourced NON GM modified product then

http://www.novadetox.co.uk/acatalog/pea ... owder.html this is it for pea protein powder. And also why would you want to lock the thread?

Isnt a community based on its contributors?

JubNZ
Manatee

#98 Postby JubNZ » Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:07 pm

Im currently using http://www.martinandpleasance.com/brand ... l-protein/

Seems to be fairly hard to get non whey protein at a reasonable price in Aussie. Any Aussies out there using something else? No complaints about this one at all (also use the Vital Greens). But almost at end of current tub and could be keen for something different
Just do it.

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

#99 Postby Mini Forklift Ⓥ » Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:16 am

JubNZ wrote:Im currently using http://www.martinandpleasance.com/brand ... l-protein/

Seems to be fairly hard to get non whey protein at a reasonable price in Aussie. Any Aussies out there using something else? No complaints about this one at all (also use the Vital Greens). But almost at end of current tub and could be keen for something different

That's the one I use as well mate. It's good stuff :D

JubNZ
Manatee

#100 Postby JubNZ » Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:04 am

Mini Forklift Ⓥ wrote:
JubNZ wrote:Im currently using http://www.martinandpleasance.com/brand ... l-protein/

That's the one I use as well mate. It's good stuff :D

Epic! Shall keep with it then :)

Until you bring out your range of course ;)
Just do it.

joelbct
Manatee

#101 Postby joelbct » Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:46 pm

My protein Picks:

Nutiva Hemp 15g: I love the taste, nutty and hempy . Tastes like a real food, not a supplement. Much better tasting than other brands of hemp so if you were turned off by a different brand, try Nutiva.

Hemp is supposed to be 80% bio available, but only 55% optimal in Lysine, and low in Isoleucine and Tryptophan. Good to complement with Yellow Pea or Lentils which are very high in these three.

Jarrow Brown Rice: Affordable but taste/texture not so great.

Jarrow Optimal Plant: Affordable compared to other vegan protein blends, and contains Rice, Pea, Hemp, Chia, and Chlorella mixed in optimal ratios, but tastes like a supplement.

Vega: I used to use this. Vega tastes amazing, but ~$3us per serving, which I think comes to 10-20 cents per gram of protein, whereas the Hemp, Rice, Pea, Jarrow Optimal etc can be found for 2-4 cents per gram of protein online. Given there are plenty of other vitamins and nutrients in Vega so it's not a fair comparison. Vega Sport probably makes sense for serious athletes and those who can afford to spend $120 per month per protein.

I haven't tried Yellow Pea, that is next on my list.

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

#102 Postby Mini Forklift Ⓥ » Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:11 am

JubNZ wrote:Epic! Shall keep with it then :)

Until you bring out your range of course ;)

Haha, hope you're not in a rush! The split pea is the best tasting vegan protein I have come across so far, TBH I didn't like the tate or texture of the SunWarrior protein.

maybenot
Manatee

#103 Postby maybenot » Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:52 am

Mini Forklift Ⓥ wrote:Haha, hope you're not in a rush! The split pea is the best tasting vegan protein I have come across so far, TBH I didn't like the tate or texture of the SunWarrior protein.

Exactly what I loved about the Sunwarrior Classic, the texture. I love that chalky texture.

Nixie
Rabbit

#104 Postby Nixie » Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:35 am

I don't understand why no one has mentioned Vega Sport Protein. It has 25grams of protein, 5gs (5000mg) BCAA, and tastes fantastic! Cheapest way to buy it is on amazon. And has anyone tried PlantFusion Protein? They just came out with a Cookies N' Cream flavor that I'm trying to find a sample of, or a even a review.

ColleenR
Finch

#105 Postby ColleenR » Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:50 pm

I have been using Sunwarrior for a long time, and it's pretty good, but Perfect Supplements just started manufacturing a non-GMO plant-based protein powder made of brown rice, mushroom, and hemp without dairy or soy with digestive enzymes and probiotics that's supposed to make it more digestible. The ingredients are all organic and there are no fillers. Has anybody tried it?

Return to “Health & Nutrition Programs”