Famous vegan bodybuilder

oldlunk

Yeah, I was wondering the same thing. I heard he was vegan or vegetarian in the 70s but I didn't think he was anymore.

I follow him on FB sometimes. I hadn't seen the meal photos, but I think that is a dead give-away he's no longer vegan. And I imagine, certainly not natural.

Great physique over the years and he seems highly enthusiastic as he continues to train hard.

Sorry for that I thought he was, I did check out his fb page and he seems kinda weird about talking about his food but I did see him talking about eggs. I know back in the day he was not natural but I would hope at 60 years old he would be. He looked to be one of the smaller guys in the masters Olympia. Not off to a very good start for my first post.

It's all good, man!

A lot of us were wondering about Andreas, including myself, as to whether he was still (or ever) totally vegan. Now we know that he isn't right now, but I know there are a lot of references to his vegetarian or vegan lifestyle a few decades ago.

PS, welcome to the forum!

-Robert

I just seen this post on fb from Andreas:

Andreas Cahling

As a pro bodybuilder I like to experiment with my eating without restraints and indulge for "cheating" pleasures as well. From experience I know I can stay in great muscular condition on a vegan, lacto vegetarian, lacto ovo vegetarian or with fish, chicken or meat included. I did not eat red meat for 27 years, then had it again in the way of organic grass fed meat. I have not had shrimps in a long time but will have some right now. Most shrimps are farm raised or from polluted environments and best avoided.