Eating legumes and fruit - digestion problems

Fitos

Hi.

I really want to eat apples, bananas and all different types of legumes + dark rice. However, my stomach goes ABSOLUTELY BANAANZ if I eat them. The apples and bananas cause considerable bloating, but no pain. The legumes cause considerable bloating AND lots of pain for a long period of time. The rice does much the same as the apples.

I'm trying to lessen my meat consumption and get my protein this way (and lower my kcal), but I really can't seem to do it... soaking and mashing (for the legumes) doesn't help either.

So, any other way?

I don't know if there's a way around this so you can continue to eat them, personally if a food was doing that to me every time I ate it I wouldn't eat it !!

Have you tried taking a vegan digestive enzyme around the same time you eat it? This can help with the breakdown and assimilation of the foods and can help to ease things like bloating, gas and general discomfort... might be worth a go? MF

I've been thinking about that, but I'd like to try to do it naturally...

but here's an interesting thing to think about:

I just tried black lentils... and nothing happened. I was completely fine. So what the heck is the difference between normal lentils and black ones?

Also, it seems that I can easily digest pears, but not apples or bananas. Again, why?

Thanks

haha, it isn't very easy to explain food allergies, which is what it sounds like you have several of. Its good you have been able to tell which foods give you problems. Its unfortunate to have to cut them out but you'll likely feel best if you do. There doesn't seem to be much info on the differences in nutritional value between black and other colored lentils. One thing to keep in mind is that lentils alone are not a complete protein. So if you cannot handle rice you need to also eat some other foods that contain methionine like nuts and seeds, sesame seeds have a high amount. Dark leafy vegetables like spinach also contain a decent amount.

-Dylan