Just bought my first Vega MRP

JW

That sounds like a good suggestion. There is a slight detox phase the body will most likely go through.

Chlorella contains more chlorophyll than any other plant. Chlorophyll is regarded as the most effective natural blood cleanser and detoxifier.

Here is a suggestion from the Vega Brochure:

To minimize cleansing reactions, start by taking just a small amount of Vega, perhaps one-quarter to one-half of the suggested serving size and increase consumption gradually as your body adapts to it. Uncomfortable as they may be, cleansing symptoms are indicators that your health condition is improving. Discontinuing Vegan during the cleansing period may retard your body's adaptation process and prolong cleansing symptoms.

----

So anyway, sounds like a good suggestion to try smaller servings at first. Vega is made from some of the highest quality ingredients and some do happen to have cleansing effects.

For more info check out www.myvega.com

Some people love Vega with just water, some don't love it with just water.

What you can do is blend it wtih berries, other fruit, juice, or something like that. If the flavor isn't that great to you, and it won't be for everyone, just mix it with something, especially in a blender and you'll be set.

I like to blend up the berry flavor with strawberries and bananas. Sometimes I just drink it with water too. But I personally prefer to add some fruit and blend it up with ice or frozen fruit so it is really cold.

Try a few things and see what works for you.

well tried it with water

all I have to say is

well, that might be a bit harsh

Is it better with soy or rice milk?

That was pretty much my reaction when I first used it. Blech! (It did taste very "healthy," but in a way that most non-vegans probably think vegan food tastes!)

It took me a long time to use up a canister of it, and that was mixing it with other stuff, including juice. Definitely do NOT do it with just water (gag!).

I think it's the combo of the chlorella (the most likely culprit--since the Vega bars taste fine, and don't contain it) and the hemp that give it that 'yuk' flavor.

I've worked up to tolerating more hemp and green foods by making my own mix: juice as a base, then maca powder, hemp protein powder, another protein powder (either pea or pea/rice), mangosteen powder, some green supplement powder, aloe vera juice, frozen fruit and sometimes a sprinkle of stevia if I feel it needs sweetening. (If I feel I want more chlorella, I'll take the tablets!).

When I first made this concoction, I had to go really low on the green powder (1 tsp.) otherwise, it tasted bad to me. Now, I use about 2 Tbsp. + of the green stuff, and it tastes fine (especially if I use a citrus juice as a base, which seems to cut the 'green/grassy/dirt' flavor).

Last time I tried Vega (I tried a sample pack this time), it didn't taste too bad! (And that's much better than my first reaction.

You can start with a smaller amount of Vega, then gradually add more.

Or try different juice bases, or a ripe banana, or something else to cut the flavor. Also, try all three (www.veganessentials.com has single serving packs---actually not, though, because they are 1/3 of the actual serving size) so you can try them. You might find that one flavor is more tolerable than the others.

• 1 month later...
well tried it with water

all I have to say is

Try adding a table spoon of all natural peanut butter or almond butter, I find this inproves any shake.

If this dosnt help and you just want to get threw it, plug your nose and chug it

I'm up to actually thinking Vega tastes good!

I mix the chocolate with rice milk and a frozen banana (I chop up ripe bananas, and keep them in a tupperware container in the freezer, so they are ready to go).

I mix the berry flavor with pomegranate juice, some water, and frozen strawberries.

I guess my tastes have adapted, because it doesn't taste yukky to me at all anymore! (though this a.m., I tried a "chocoberry" version, mixing 1 scoop berry and 1 scoop chocolate, with frozen banana and water...not as good as the other combos, but still not yucky!)

• 4 weeks later...
well tried it with water

all I have to say is

I got my berry flavor vega today.

The first scoop I put in a big glass of soy milk, very good.

Then I tried a scoop with water, not so good.

I mixed one scoop per quart of soymilk and water