contest prep 2013 - training/diet/pics

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks mike! I don't know... it's just the way that works best for me! I can't tell u if it could work for everyone, but i guess there are lot of people out there who could make good progress by doing what i do. The thing is just that cardio is the common way for cutting and people think it's a must for getting ripped...

Trust me, i'm not too lazy for cardio, tried it several times for my preparation. Result was always the same: flat muscles and no significant fat loss! So i returned to strict diet and heavy lifting... "works"!

i can see how it works mate, cardio does give the flat look sometimes, i guess its your diet being so strict that does it, coupled with still lifting heavy equals good results.......how long till the show now mate? what weight are you planning on being?

Still not 100% sure where i'll start, but there's a good chance i'm gonna compete at an IFBB show, since a few mates of me compete there as well... this would be really f****** hard, caus everyone knows it's THE bodybuilding federation out there! And i'd probably be the only one on stage who's clean... ^^ but i gotta get on stage again, and the next natural contest is in october.

The ifbb show is at the end of april, so still a few weeks left to prepare. Have no concrete bodyweight i'm tryin to reach. Just have to look how much will be left in the end somewhere around 80kg probably... will be lighter than my opponents anyway ^^

@Mini Forklift: yeah...that's the point! U gotta try everything for yourself, which is probably one of the reasons this sport takes a lot of time and u gotta spend some years to find the right way for you.

Actually i had quite a good week since my weight is going down and shape's gettin better... just luv to see this kind of progress. A deeper cut here, a few more veins there... this always motivates me as hell! ^^

Hey, i will feel rather small at 80kg... started out at almost 97! *lol*

How was your week mate?

Okay guys, this is how my diet looks like:

1. meal: a big shake consisting of 700ml water, 1 banana, 125g mixed berries, 150g spinach, 50g soy protein powder

2. meal: 1-2 carrots, cucumber salad with 3 tablespoons rapeseed oil, shake with 50g soy protein powder in water

3. meal: about 500-700g fried mixed vegetables, 50g walnuts, shake with 50g soy protein powder in water

4. meal: shake with 50g soy protein powder in water (before i go to sleep)

All in all: 1840kcal, 69g fat, 86g carbs, 215g protein

Hi Arvid, how long have you been eating such an amount of soy p.p. for? Haven't you experienced any sides like loss of libido? I'm impressed and scared at the same time thinking I might have to eat similar quantities of protein powder to achieve certain results.

what's your body fat?

I don't know the percentage, i don't measure... i mainly use my mirror to check if everything works out the way i want.

Actually i use soy protein powder since i turned vegan. U don't get so many different vegan protein powders here in germany, and most of them are really expensive!! So i always used soy protein... can't report anything negative up to now...

At the moment i use soy isolat by pnc-europe... it's made in germany and only available here, but i'm gonna try the soy 80+ by weider now. U get various soy proteins in germany, but everything else (rice, pea, hemp etc.) is quite hard to get... only for very high prices.

Thanks a lot! actually i'm not THAT massive... but the more my body fat decreases, the more massive i look...

When i'm preparing for a contest people often ask me if i had gained some muscle mass and weight, and then they're quite surprised hearing that i actually LOST weight...

You can achieve a lot without meat and roids... if everything fits together: patience, discipline, perseverance, correct training and nutrition...and of course proper genetics. But even without outstanding genetics a lot is possible!

Arvid you're looking great, I'm new to the site just went vegetarian still using diary and fish for now only been a week. I am trying to get lean for the first time in my 48 years going to use you for motivation hope you dont mind. Me and my buddy call the getting leaner and looking bigger the smoke and mirror effect. Hope it works for me I got a long way to go.

Good luck with your show.

Bob

Thanks a lot for the compliment bob! And for the like on facebook... i think it was you?!

It's an honor for me whenever i can serve as some kind of motivation source for others! It's what i want to achieve by posting what i do... ya looking quite big by the way! strong chest...

Smoke and mirror effect... interesting

Well, i'll keep u guys updated concerning my preparation!

Hope everything will work out fine in the end