New Vega Sport Formula Not Too Good

I'm a huge fan of Vega and take the sport protein everyday. They just changed the formula and took the Hemp Protein out so it could be certified by Informed Choice. Why hemp is so bad even as a Straight Edger I don't understand. But they didn't replace it with something comparable like Pumpkin Protein. Instead it's a thicker chalkier mess... The old one went down so easy. As a huge fan and user of their products I feel screwed over. My stomach is even having a hard time.

The price isn't even cheaper though the Brown Rice and Pea Protein they upped the content of costs less.

I think they ruined a perfect product. Any thoughts???

Been a while since I posted but this made me angry. If you agree please write them http://myvega.com/contact they could have at least replaced the hemp protein with something comprable.

On another note I'm 205lb now I think 25 or so pounds heavier than the last time I posted.

-Stacy

Edited by ForwardConcern

Will do as soon as I get a chance I'll copy my average day over. I have a few set meals that give 3000 or so calories a high calorie cereal I mix, a lasagne I bake for 5 days every Sunday and a series of small breakfast snacks as I work to early to cook before leaving for the day (my cereal is a lunch thing.)

Stacy, yeah I feel ya. I love Vega but I do agree it was better before. Send them some feedback on their website or on twitter or fb or something. Companies like Vega are always trying to improve. Sometimes it takes some changes, tests and customer feedback to keep moving in the right direction.

-Dylan

Awesome! Keep the feedback coming!!! And get in touch with them. If they can't use hemp because of Informed Choice why not Pumpkin Protein???

Sadly I will be switching to a different brand once the old formula is off the shelves... Until Vega Sport is back up to snuff that is.

• 2 weeks later...

Forward concern have you heard of this place truenutrition.com mix what you like for pennies i just bought 1 pound of 45%pea,45%rice, 10% stavia with vanilla birthday cake flavor and a digestive enzyme for like $12. also got straight pea, rice with enzyme and a chocolate peanut buttercup flavor pack that Im going to experiment with different % to see what taste best. I have some hemp all ready that I will also try adding into it. I got it unflavored so I could add it into receipts to up the protein content you could put some in your lasagna. I think its good to up to 400 deg.

I got 3 pounds and the flavor for a total of $38 shipped, shipping was $12 for 1lbs up to 5 lbs so its cheaper the more you buy. I Like Vega but it is way to expensive for as much as I use. You can also buy bcaa and other bulk supps.

In reply to the original question: why don't you switch to Sunwarrior?

Sunwarrior has raw hemp protein in the mix.

Personally, I strongly prefer Vega, and I prefer to avoid hemp products of any kind...

...but, if you're of the opposite preference, why not try Sunwarrior?

Forward concern have you heard of this place truenutrition.com mix what you like for pennies i just bought 1 pound of 45%pea,45%rice, 10% stavia with vanilla birthday cake flavor and a digestive enzyme for like $12. also got straight pea, rice with enzyme and a chocolate peanut buttercup flavor pack that Im going to experiment with different % to see what taste best. I have some hemp all ready that I will also try adding into it. I got it unflavored so I could add it into receipts to up the protein content you could put some in your lasagna. I think its good to up to 400 deg.

I got 3 pounds and the flavor for a total of $38 shipped, shipping was $12 for 1lbs up to 5 lbs so its cheaper the more you buy. I Like Vega but it is way to expensive for as much as I use. You can also buy bcaa and other bulk supps.

I'm going to explore that website further once my old supplies of Vega are exhausted. I definitely won't be by the new Vega Sport Performance Protein formula anymore. To terrible a product now to be worth the money they charge.

If I can budget sunwarrior I'll try it out.

I got my order and the blended 45/45/10 sachi with vanilla flavor mixed in almond milk or soy milk is pretty good. So far with the unflavored it seems when I add hemp makes for a bad taste and gritty feel also not a big fan of the chocolate peanut butter cup flavor pack. I give it a 5 out of 10 but maybe I need to double the amount I add to the mix? Im going to make a pizza tonight and add a scoop of unflavored to the dough with some sietan and veggie toppings with rice cheese mozzarella should be loaded with protein.

• 3 weeks later...

I've got both here now (Sunwarrior & Vega)…

…I think the obvious solution for most people is to try them both, and decide what works best for them (mentally, physically, and gastronomically, so to speak).

I really waiting for the day when the Taiwanese start producing something competitive at half the price; but, until then…