A skinny little martial artist girl.

Arkadia

Hi! I've been lurking these forums for a couple of months but have only just decided to jump in! Exciting

I'm 22, female, have been vegan for 6 months, am 5'3" and weigh a whopping 83lbs. Yep. Bet you don't hear that number often. I come from a long line of tiny little Indian women, I've always eaten what I pleased (and a lot of it), zero eating disorders, I have retardedly high self esteem and have had a bazillion medical tests to work out why the hell I weigh so little and have a near impossible time gaining weight. There has never been a medical explanation and no half-assed 'fat diet' has ever done anything for me.

Enter these forums!

A couple months ago I started training Brazilian jiu jitsu. My skinniness has never bothered me, and I model 'in real life' so it ended up being more a help than a hindrance, so I've never gone super out of my way to gain weight. However, I have a passion for BJJ and would really like to be the best I can be, which means I gotta put on some muscle and some WEIGHT. I'm hoping participating in these forums can help me find out a system for weight gain that works for me. Fingers crossed.

Nice to meet you guys

Welcome to our community!

Thank you for the intro. I hope you're able to discover new ways to put on mass to follow your passion in BJJ. All the very best with your training and bulking up.

And thanks for being part of our group!

See you on the forum.

Robert

Hi Arkadia, and welcome to the forum! Glad you finally decided to join. It's a great community, filled with tons of knowledge and helpful advice. I hope you'll find what you're looking for here! Congratulations on finding something you're passionate about (BJJ) - that's awesome!

• 11 months later...

How have you been and how has BJJ been going? Making some progress? Did you ever post some pics on here? You should post some before and after ones! Makes for a good motivational story for future skinny members looking to bulk up.

-Dylan