Another Canuck gone plant based

Introduce yourself. Tell us about your training history, how long you've been vegan, share some of your goals and some of your interests.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

Another Canuck gone plant based

#1 Postby hordearii » Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:12 pm

Hi everyone,

I'm from Toronto Canada and been plant strong for about a year now. I've had bloating, digestion issues and chronic fatigue for the past several years and was 40 Lbs overweight but my wake up call came last march when I started getting chest pains and sporratic arhythmia so I went to see the doctor to got a blood test. My test results showed I had high cholesterol and required I go on cholesterol lowering meds immediately. I never considered a change of diet until I watched forks over knives and started doing my own research by following people like Dr. Mcdougall, The Esselstyns, and Durianrider. Gradually I switched from the common meat based diet to a plant-based diet and the results were amazing. No more bloating and indigestion, my energy is back, I'm off the meds and I lost 35 Lbs in the process.

I'm currently working out 6 days a week and aiming to get lean at single digit body fat % while maintaining muscle and I found this forum through an internet search.

I look forward to learning and sharing with the community here.

Re: Another Canuck gone plant based

#2 Postby Compassion » Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:45 pm

Welcome fellow Canadian! Glad to hear all your health improvements since going plant based.

VBB Moderator

#3 Postby C.O. » Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:27 pm

Hi Fahmy, welcome to the group. Big ups on the weight loss and making some big positive changes in your over-all health.

#4 Postby stcalico » Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:14 pm

Hello Fahmy. I'm on the West Coast. Welcome.
Fuhrman may be another one to add to your list. I love his ideas on nutrient density of food.

Good luck on reaching your goals.
If it's important to you, you'll find a way. If it isn't, you'll find an excuse.

Return to “Introductions”