Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:36 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: What kind of vegan protein powder do you suggest?
PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:03 pm 
Rabbit

why are we on a bodybuilding website arguing over protein, Yes humans can survive and live happy lives on low protein intake. If that's what you want to talk about you should be on Sallys vegans.com If your wanting to be a bodybuilder and add muscle you need Higher levels of protein. Now we can argue the amount needed but its pretty well documented with thousands of meat eating athletes that have gotten it down to a science how nutrition works. Everyone's metabolisms different and different sports require different diets. Endurance athletes do better on higher carbs, but bodybuilders do better on higher protein diets.

The reason I came to this site was to learn how to transition from a carnivores bodybuilder to plant eating and my biggest hurdle was how to get .8g of protein per lbs of lean body weight. Per body pod fat measurement tells me I need 137.6g of protein. I have found that its very possible but I do use alot of protein powders.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:44 am 
Rabbit

oldlunk wrote:
why are we on a bodybuilding website arguing over protein, Yes humans can survive and live happy lives on low protein intake. If that's what you want to talk about you should be on Sallys vegans.com If your wanting to be a bodybuilder and add muscle you need Higher levels of protein. Now we can argue the amount needed but its pretty well documented with thousands of meat eating athletes that have gotten it down to a science how nutrition works. Everyone's metabolisms different and different sports require different diets. Endurance athletes do better on higher carbs, but bodybuilders do better on higher protein diets.

The reason I came to this site was to learn how to transition from a carnivores bodybuilder to plant eating and my biggest hurdle was how to get .8g of protein per lbs of lean body weight. Per body pod fat measurement tells me I need 137.6g of protein. I have found that its very possible but I do use alot of protein powders.

I've never mentioned BB goals in relation to minimum protein requirements. The reason I've posted in this thread was the silly idea that insufficient protein intake=hair loss which is ridiculously false to begin with.
Everyone knows hair follicles count does not change at all from birth to death (unless you undergo hair transplant), regardless of how many hair you have on your head. Also hair thinning, which is essentially hair loss, does not occur when there's low intake in protein and this is well established in the hair loss research field.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:53 am 
Rabbit

oldlunk wrote:
but I do use alot of protein powders.

I guess it's the only way.