Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:37 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Crazy work hours and when to eat
PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 4:44 pm 
Finch

All right, I've heard before that you should eat within an hour of waking which I understand. However, I am wondering how some people are able to do it.
My days of work: 3 times a week I have to get up at 2:30 am and work until noon. I'm allowed one 15 min break...when its not busy. I work in a coffee place, so that rarely happens.
Other days I wake up at 6 am.
Now my question deals with should I eat at 3 in the morning?Or should I wait until when I would normally get up at 6?
Also, I don't go to bed until about 9. Not sure if that factors in or not.

Hopefully someone will have an idea with this....odd schedule. lol

Post subject: Re: Crazy work hours and when to eat
PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:33 pm 
VBB Moderator

The specific time of the day is all relative. Your mornings start much earlier than most peoples mornings, some people work night shifts, day shifts, etc. The hour of the day isn't important, the important part is to give your body fuel when it needs it. So if you have just been sleeping for 7-8 hours then yeah its a good idea to eat within the first hour that you wake up, I agree with what you were told. It shouldnt matter what time that is that you are waking up at. Also it depends what you are trying to accomplish. Normal eating patterns are very different than if you are trying to bulk up and gain mass. If that is the case you should be eating whenever you get the chance really.
CHeck out the training journals to see what and when others are eating.
-Dylan

Post subject: Re: Crazy work hours and when to eat
PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:09 pm 
Finch

i usually start my morning off with a smoothie made from a multitude of fruits, kale and brown rice protein or an everything bagel with one or both of tofutti cream cheese and smoked fakin bacon from litelife(tempeh and brown rice in "bacon' slices). this is usually while im running off to work between 7am and 730am, i usually wake up around 630 to 7am.

after that i try to eat a piece of toast or whole grain wheat bread around 930 if i had the smoothie or nuts if i ate the bagel

salad with lentils and chickpeas and avocado with an oil and balsamic vinegar dressing for lunch

more nuts 2 hours later

something low carb, and no sugars for dinner

this has been my diet for the past couple days, im trying to cut some body fat with working in more cardio at the gym, it has proved challenging but im seeing a few results

if you work as a barista i would say throw a big package of nuts or something in your pocket and munch on them every couple hours