My Stronglift 5x5 LOG

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HEllo all yes its been 2 weeks no workouts which sucks but well gotta live with work commitments as well , although i am missing my squats already , will try and take some pictures and share with you sunday and see if two weeks of break after 3 months of training enhance the results or not .

Last 2 weeks have been super fun but the sleep and diet has been off . Hopefully will get that on track soon as i start to workout .

Cheers all enjoy the weekend .

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone , i am so sorry haven't been able to keep in touch , moving in to a news place settling the house and stuff is not as easy as it seemed . But finally all is settled looking forward to getting back to gym in a day or two .

Will go through all the logs now .

Hope everyone's rocking it up !

Oh yeah bro's really missed all you guys and realised how this affected my motivation , i hardly did any workout while i was away from here .

I will be starting within a day or two , just thinking with what shall i start with , i mean i must have lost good strength in last 2 months and i am not sure about going back to strong lifts , i feel like focusing more on chest and arms this time . Any suggestions mate ?

Well what I'm currently doing is sticking to the main lifts, bench, ohp, pullups, squats, deadlifts etc whilst throwing in a little bit of ab and arm work. I've gone for the 8-12 rep range for size too, I would suggest something along those lines matey, maybe focus it more of chest and arms?

How are things anyway man? It's been a while

Yeah Ross almost good 2 months , moving was hectic over to Kolkata specially with continuous flying settling into the new place took a while . But the place looks tidy now , livable to say the least .

You tell me how's it going ?

Finally back at gym after two months . yesterday and today i did some mixed work , trying to throw in everything just to get my body back in from , did a mix of bench press . military press , squats , Lat pull downs and some arm work . I was looking for a more Hypertrophy oriented routine and came across this , will be giving it a shot for next 8 weeks or so that's the time i have given myslf to get back to my previous max lifts .

I would love to hear what you guys think about this schedule : -

http://www.jefit.com/routines/workout-routine-database.php?id=1933

That does sounds hectic ahha, what's the new place like? Decent gyms nearby? Its all pretty good here mate, got a few months of studying to do and then I'm no longer a student so I'm looking around for full time work as I'm currently only part time, scary stuff :P

You'l manage it bro don't worry . Better get all those lifting nos up before full work takes over your time . So how's the progress been with 5/3/1 add an inch or two ?

That programme looks pretty awesome man I wouldn't be able to do it because of the machine stuff where I work out at home.

5/3/1 was fun man, didn't really make any size gains but I definitely got a lot stronger, what I've been training like recently has added 3Kg of muscle and alittle bit of fat so I'm happy! How was 5x5 dude? Did you make some size gains? I noticed your fb picture your arms looked pretty big

Hahaha well the arms were okay i gained the most in Quads , i mean i was surprised my legs could grow this well .Other than that pecs and traps look better shaped for sure maybe not huge .

I too ended up gaining some fat around the mid section which i am aiming at loosing now probably getting down to 75kgs from current 80kgs . That's why i picked a 4 day split just to give that extra workout day to myself .

18/04/13

Shoulder Day

Lateral Side Raise - 3x10x4kg Dbell

Military Press - 5x5x30 kgs

Dbell Shoulder Press - 1x10x10kg Dbell 1x9x12 kg Dbell

Dumbbell Bent Over Delt Raise - 2x8x4kg Dbell

Barbell Shrugs - 1x10x57kgs , 2x10x67 kgs

Decline Crunches - 4x10

Hyper Extension - 2x10

Hey Ross all is good mate . yes its really fun to do this Split routine as i hadn't worked out like this for months and it feels good to isolate the work sometimes for change than going full body all the time . I will probably continue the same for next 8 weeks and depending on results decide further .

19/04/2013

ARMS

Close Grip Bench Press - 5x5x42kgs

Barbell Curl - 5x5x30 kgs

Tricep Cable Pushdowns - 2x10x5 Plates

Standing Dbell curls - 2x8x7.5kg dbell

Machine Preacher Curls - 2x8x15kg ( 2 plates)

Assisted Parallel Bar Dips - 3x10

20/04/2013

LEGS

SQUATS - 5x5x47kgs

Leg Curls - 2x8x22.5kgs (3 Plates )

Leg Extension - 2x8x30kgs ( 4 plates )

BodyWeight Calf Raise- 4x15

23/04/2013

CHEST

BArbell Bench PRess - 5x5x44.5kgs

Incline Bench - 3x8x39.kgs

Incline Fly - 2x10x8kg Dbell

Chest Press Machine - 2x10x3 plates

Finally a buddy of mine has decided to join my Gym and i considering going back to Stronglifts from next week with him as that's definitely motivating having a workout partner ,