• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bodyweight: 85 kg

Squat: 80 kg

Deadlift: 80 kg

Bench: 60 kg

But these aren't my max (1 rep), I do up to 10 reps in 80 kg squat, up to 8 reps in 80 kg deadlifts and up to 6 reps in 60 kg bench. Are you asking for max lifts (sorry if this has already been clarified, have only skimmed briefly through the thread)?

But these aren't my max (1 rep), I do up to 10 reps in 80 kg squat, up to 8 reps in 80 kg deadlifts and up to 6 reps in 60 kg bench. Are you asking for max lifts (sorry if this has already been clarified, have only skimmed briefly through the thread)?

Yeah, we're looking for max lifts here. Although if you haven't done a 1 rep max recently, just list your best set (recent) of heaviest weight at x reps and I'll do the math for you on your theoretical 1RM. I've found found personal experience that the theoretical is actually really close if not spot on what I can lift.

Yeah, we're looking for max lifts here. Although if you haven't done a 1 rep max recently, just list your best set (recent) of heaviest weight at x reps and I'll do the math for you on your theoretical 1RM. I've found found personal experience that the theoretical is actually really close if not spot on what I can lift.

Lol the ones I listed are my best lifts/press thus far. For me though it's more of a psychological thing (getting through the mental barrier), because it's only when I "feel" okay with a certain weight that I progress and lift heavier. The moment I start to doubt, during a set for instance, I just stop. And at other times when I am indifferent to the weight and concentrate on just pressing/lifting I actually get away with 6-8 reps at weights I usually steer away from. So I honestly don't know what my max is, because the truth is I could probably do 15 reps at 80 kg squat, 10-12 reps at 80 kg deadlift and 9 reps at 60 kg bench press. so yeah based on that you're welcome to calculate what my max would be

• 2 weeks later...

Hi!

I am new to this forum, I'm coming from VeganStrengthGermany forum. I'm vegan since 2010 and am doing weight lifting since 6 months.

Could you put me onto the strength table? I have finaly found my current 1repMax and it is:

Female, 1.65m, 63kg

Deadlift : 92kg

Squat : 100kg

Bench : 48kg

As I'm really proud of my progression I will share my video with you:

Jaakko

Hi!

I am new to this forum, I'm coming from VeganStrengthGermany forum. I'm vegan since 2010 and am doing weight lifting since 6 months.

Could you put me onto the strength table? I have finaly found my current 1repMax and it is:

Female, 1.65m, 63kg

Deadlift : 92kg

Squat : 100kg

Bench : 48kg

As I'm really proud of my progression I will share my video with you:

Jaakko

That's awesome! Congrats

Hey MF - I bet you it won't be long now until james usurps your top spot.

Vegan Aspirant - 90kg is a nice deadlift! Is that a 1RM or multi-rep set? Let me know so I can calculate.

Jaakko - Nice lifting, and I've added you to the board. Welcome! I will mention though, that your squat position should be a little lower. We generally judge squats by a completed rep at least to parallel - hip joint lower than knee joint, top of quad roughly parallel to the floor. Granted this list is on the honor system and we don't require proof, however you did post a video so I feel I should comment. Please don't let this scare you away, it's still a heavy squat!

Hey Asp. No it's a multiple. For some its about weight, for me it's about tecnique- so i've never actually tried a max in any kind of exercise. I'm too worried about injuring myself. This approach will never get me up in the top heavy ranks, but as long as I can do multiple reps of 60 kg benchpress, 22 kg dumbell shoulderpress, 400 kg leg press, 80 kg squat and dl, in a natural non chemically enhanced state- I'm content. Single reps never have been my thing, that's just not strength for *me* but more a question of temper and momentum.

Thank you, I thought so myself when watching the video. This is the downside of training alone, no way to know how far down you actually go! I tried to look into a side mirror when doing ligther squats, but this doesn't really work either. If I was able to do 100kg like this, how much do you think with getting down a bit more? 95kg? 90kg are ok for sure, I have already done that pretty low.

Vegan Aspirant - that's what I thought given your previous post about multiple reps. I should have asked directly - how many reps was it?

Jaakko - Don't try to look to your side into a mirror when doing squats. Your head position actually has a lot of bearing on your form, especially how you hold your back. A front mirror is OK, as long as you are not tilting your head down to look into it. Test your depth using only bodyweight and study the way it looks in a front mirror. Then when you squat in front of a mirror you can better judge your depth. This is how I measured my depth when I was doing parallel squats. You could also try a cushioned box squat. Find a rigid box, chair, bench - anything that's the right height so that your butt just barely touches it when you are a little lower than parallel (test it with bodyweight only) and then put a pillow on it. When you are squatting, as soon as you feel the pillow, you are at the bottom and should go up. This way you never feel support under your butt and won't release tension and risk injury. The final solution however, is to transition into doing full depth Olympic style squats, at which point you can't really go much lower!

Vegan Aspirant - that's what I thought given your previous post about multiple reps. I should have asked directly - how many reps was it?

Hey Asp, just upped my Squat to 90 kg at 6 reps- could have done at least two more, but am weary with weights I've never tried before. As for the DL, it was actually only 2 and had been going for 2-3 hours before I started, so don't know if it's truly representative of what I could have exerted- but anyways there you have it