maybenot's training log

Diary:

So, today couldn't hit the gym as I was deeply tired and sored. This is the last day, so I'm now happy that everything goes back to normal =)

I started the day with a green smoothie inspired by PoPe`s comments. I made it using oranges, bananas, some flavorless protein powder( I don't know if this was a good idea nutrition wise) and four kale leaves. It tasted good, the oranges were mighty sweet. Then I ate some more fruits and after lunch some oats with banana and cinnamon.

IMG_0097.JPG.978f5934deb1d0a8e478b333bdca894f.JPG

I took a walk during the day to stretch up a little bit and get some sun. By night we had a vegan sushi party here, I made some protein vegan sushis using tofu and soy.

2017_495894033787217_590923450_n.jpg.5ef1ceec6e3c75cb77e795002a6bc100.jpg

sushi!

That`s sums up my day, tomorrow without any effect from medication I will lift those weights =)

Thanks for the tips, more fruits really add something to the day.

Edited by maybenot

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I`ll try that Hulk, my friend! The sushi was great, lots of tofu and TVP to boost proteins =)

That algae is also a good source of proteins, every 6g of this algae contains 2g carbs and 2g proteins.

Diary:

I'm not updating as often and as accurately as I wanted, but I'm trying to improve here as much as I'm trying to improve my diet and training. =)

I'm hitting my diet goals everyday and improving with the comments I'm receiving. Today's highlight was a delicious asian pear I had during breakfast. PoPes right, fruits are that cool.

I will try to log my meals and exercises accurately, including weights.

Thanks for everyone!

Exercises:

A: chest, shoulders, triceps, abs

Biometrics:

65.3kg (143.96lbs )

Not updating so much but I`m trying hard here guys =)

I`m still a noob, but as soon as I have some improvement I will let you guys know.

My week was the same as the previous, nothing special. The only thing that I`m changing is introducing more fruits on my diet as suggested and I`m no longer going to the gym 5 times a week. I read that going Monday/Tuesday, skipping Wednesday and going Thursday/Friday is a better idea. Sundays I`m doing some cardio but really light, just to keep myself motivated for monday =)

Biometrics:

65.8kg (145.0lbs )

Try papaya too! It has a very mild flavor and does wonders for the body. It also works well in smoothies.

I love papaya in my orange juices. Papaya or kale, can`t put both =)

Well, a little update =D

Diary:

Feeling pretty energized, lots of energy, which helps me during my workouts =)

Guess the food is helping a lot, I`m eating lots of fruits now, still eating lots of greens and also still taking some soy protein isolate.

Macros are the same, I`m pretty much hitting near them everyday, my weight is going up about 200g(.5lbs) every week since I started training, so I think I`m not putting on lots of fat.

One thing that I`m also doing is chewing raw ginger after my meals, because I was feeling need to chew something, and there are no vegan chewing gums here in Brazil.

That's it, keep coming the good comments, they certainly motivate me =)

I'm not putting pictures of me and not even how much I`m lifting because I'm only starting, after a few months I'll try to put everything in one post =)

And to finish it up, here`s a pic of my last meal of the day, it`s not the pretty food picture everyone posts, but is a godzilla-kind of meal

200g of kale with rice and beans.

godzilla-meal.jpg.89a98146f80cb03af27d639afffd24f0.jpg

And yes, I eat with a spoon and I don`t use a plate during dinner.

• 2 weeks later...

Ty mrbear =)

I'm not into decorating my meals, I just like them hot.

Another quick update:

I`m still consistent with the training, haven't skipped not even one single day. Every week I''m training 4 days and resting 3.

Still the same training, upper body/lower body split with almost no compound movements. Mostly isolation exercises. I'll stick to this program since is the default in my gym. Then, by June probably, I want to start some program to train full body 3 times a week with compound movements. That's my plan.

My diet is consistent also, everyday eating about 2600kcal.

I think I'm doing everything right, eating a lot and healthy, training properly and resting. No secrets there =)

Ty mrbear =)

I'm not into decorating my meals, I just like them hot.

Another quick update:

I`m still consistent with the training, haven't skipped not even one single day. Every week I''m training 4 days and resting 3.

Still the same training, upper body/lower body split with almost no compound movements. Mostly isolation exercises. I'll stick to this program since is the default in my gym. Then, by June probably, I want to start some program to train full body 3 times a week with compound movements. That's my plan.

My diet is consistent also, everyday eating about 2600kcal.

I think I'm doing everything right, eating a lot and healthy, training properly and resting. No secrets there =)

how do u find doing isolation instead of compound movements? frank zane says to do isolation exercises rather than compounds, and he has arguably one the best physiques ever.

Well, I've never done compound movements with weights, I'm starting off now.

Isolation exercises seem to be working, I'm building some strength and gaining weight(most probably lean mass, since I haven't noticed more fat on my body).

Started with 64.25 kg (141.64lbs) in 14-jan and today I weighted myself 66.6kg(146.82lbs).

By October I'll have something to say about compound vs isolation on the body of a noob, after some months into it =)

Training is consistent, still 4 times a week, still upper/lower body split. I'm really enjoying training!

Yesterday I started taking SunWarrior, what a tasty protein =)

snack.JPG.3bda955e15556de9d15d29c187af80e0.JPG

Thats Sunwarrior classic protein - Vanilla flavor, with cocoa and banana(real ripe ones) and some guacamole with whole wheat bread

Well, I've never done compound movements with weights, I'm starting off now.

Isolation exercises seem to be working, I'm building some strength and gaining weight(most probably lean mass, since I haven't noticed more fat on my body).

Started with 64.25 kg (141.64lbs) in 14-jan and today I weighted myself 66.6kg(146.82lbs).

By October I'll have something to say about compound vs isolation on the body of a noob, after some months into it =)

I'd be curious to hear your thoughts on this! I've switched from weights to mostly body-weight training for strength. So it's all compound movements for the most part. Keep up the good work bro!

I'd be curious to hear your thoughts on this! I've switched from weights to mostly body-weight training for strength. So it's all compound movements for the most part. Keep up the good work bro!

I'll be sure posting as soon as I start my experiments.

Bear in mind that I was extremely sedentary for more than two years and now I'm gaining muscles easier than an active person would.

When I was active I used to do almost only body-weight training as well, I used to train wing chun kung fu. Push ups, pull ups and bodyweight squats were a heavy part of my routine, punch training and kick training as well.

I read your log, training krav maga like you do will make you a walking weapon !

• 2 weeks later...

Just checking in to tell that I'm still consistent with my training, today is my 2 month mark since I started training.

Not one single session skipped, didn't miss one single meal and slept like a rock every night at least 7 hours, most of the nights a little over 8 hours.

I've been reading a lot of the logs kept here and also been researching a lot on youtube to improve even more.

Keeping on the hard work =)

Pretty much pleased.

Considering that 2 months is a pretty short period, I noticed a big difference in strenght and size. I'm going to get my measures on monday, but my weight jumped from 64.5kg (142lbs) to 69kg(152lbs) and I haven't noticed fat increase in my body ( I take pictures to see my progress ).

As soon as I get big results I'll post my pics so you can see my progress =)

• 4 weeks later...

It`s been a while since my last post.

I've been consistent with my training, 4 times a week every week. No excuses.

2 months of training

Progress:

weight: 69.5kg(153lbs) - from 64.25kg(141.64lbs) - I always weigh myself first thing in the morning

biceps: 32cm(12.6 inches) - from 30 cm ( 11.81 inches ) - cold and relaxed, flexed 90º degree

chest: 100cm(39.3 inches) - from 96 cm ( 37.8 inches ) - cold and relaxed

tigh: 51cm(20 inches) - from 51cm - cold and relaxed

Vegan diet, taking some Sunwarrior with my breakfast and before going to bed.

As I said before I added compound movements in my training routine, started with squats and benching.

Started doing some light power training(8 reps sets, but squats remained 12 reps)

Unfortunatelly I managed somehow to screw up my knee with these 8 rep sets . . .

No leg training for a while.

Little depressed, leg day was the day I enjoyed most, gotta take care now and take the time for my knee to heal.

I`ll try to post more often and more detailed, but I have one full time job and one part time job, the gym and a wife =)

• 3 weeks later...

Still recovering from my knee injury, but still haven`t skipped one single day of training. It doesn`t matter if I`m tired, if I don`t feel like it, I just go and try my best. Injuries suck hard

Does anyone know if I can do any tipe of leg training with a really bad knee?

I`ll try to write down my training sessions so I can receive some input =)

Here' s a pic to show some of my progress ( not confident enough to post whole body pics )

Top - The day before my first post

Bottom - Today before supper

evolution.jpg.42074555060e6a436dd35ebcd27785f4.jpg

• 2 months later...

Just dropping by to say that I'm alive and lifiting hard.

Gotta remake this training log and start writing my training sessions =)

Posting my '150 days progress' picture ( 30 days old already ) so this post has something interesting =)

( from top to bottom, 0 days, 100 days and 150 lifiting )

evolution-0-100-150-days.jpeg.1561f2913aeed7931546efdd86ef3d74.jpeg

Edited by maybenot