Boston Marathon 2013 Tragedy

Odinson

As a Bostonian I am truly devastated beyond words about this tragic event. This was supposed to be a fun filled event for runners and observers a like. I was at work and noticed people watching the TV. Naturally I was curious and asked if the first person crossed the line yet. But no, some terrorist piece of shit had to ruin it for everyone. People from all over the world came to run in the race. Also their families and friends came to support them.

I like what Edward Norton's character said in regards to terrorists.

"Fuck Osama Bin Laden, Al Qaeda, and backward-ass, cave-dwelling, fundamentalist assholes everywhere. On the names of innocent thousands murdered, I pray you spend the rest of eternity with your seventy-two whores roasting in a jet-fueled fire in hell."

I don't like the rest of what his character says because it's very xenophobic. And it's because of that the best thing we can do for these victims is pray (or if your not religious/atheist, you can hope) that this perpetrator be brought to justice. We shouldn't use this or any tragic event to push our agenda's on others or justify bigotry towards others. So I ask all of you to take this time and honor those who have been affected by the 2013 Boston Marathon Bombings.

A tragedy indeed. Although Canadian, I have been a DIE-HARD Bruins fan since I can remember. I have the ink to prove it! It doesn't matter where something like this happens, it is just as tragic, but I have a special sense of attachment to this city. Thoughts and prayers to those affected.