Egg whites question

Now I know I'm going to get a lot of flack on this but I'm a Vegan but have considered eating some egg whites. All meats that I have found contain fat or even low fat ones contain huge amounts of cholesterol which I believe is a major reason animal based foods are bad. Milk also contains cholesterol and casein which of course is bad. Egg whites contain none of this yet have an amino acid profile score of 145. Is there any evidence egg whites are bad for us?

Evidence shows that egg whites are good for our health and tremendously bad for the life of all the chickens involved.

Many animal based foods are really good health-wise, but every animal based product is the direct result of a huge injustice to the animals.

Keep in mind that this does not imply that everyone who consume animal products are murderers and torturers, but it does imply that everyone who consume these products are responsible for this injustice.

Many animal based foods are really good health-wise, but every animal based product is the direct result of a huge injustice to the animals.

Besides egg whites and certain low cholesterol fish I think almost all animal based products are bad for you. What other products are you referring to? Second I'll get my eggs from my parents whom live close by, they have a flock of only 20 chickens that get to do whatever they want lol. Agree about getting the eggs from commercial sources so terrible the cages they have. My concern was any research indicating proteins in egg whites being bad for you similar to how casein found in milk is bad. I cant find anything so hoping someone could help.

I'm not sure, but I know that some people can be allergic to eggs (I think a lot of food allergies relate with the body recognizing certain proteins as a threat and tries to eliminate them). You can probably find out why online.

Everyone gets subjected to bad things everyday, whether it is pollution in the air or whatever, so I guess you have to gauge what you can live with..

I don't know if the body can recognize an egg from a bean or whatever else, so I think the important part is getting a variety of foods to cover all the nutrients that your body wants/needs.

For me personally, my body hasn't responded well to eggs last time I tried them.

I think if you're going to have any health issues, it probably won't stem from one single food source- it'd most likely be due to a variety of factors, but that's my opinion.

Besides egg whites and certain low cholesterol fish I think almost all animal based products are bad for you. What other products are you referring to? Second I'll get my eggs from my parents whom live close by, they have a flock of only 20 chickens that get to do whatever they want lol. Agree about getting the eggs from commercial sources so terrible the cages they have. My concern was any research indicating proteins in egg whites being bad for you similar to how casein found in milk is bad. I cant find anything so hoping someone could help.

Fish meat, poultry meat, eggs, some small game meat(like bunnies), in SMALL quantities are generally good for your health. Honey is another example of healthy stuff that is animal-based. Of course, you can get the same health benefits from a plant based diet, no doubt in that.

But I think that it is wrong to fool yourself by saying that all animal based products are bad for your health, that's just not truth. What's bad for the health is the way people consume this type of food nowadays: in large amounts, red meat, milk(modern milk = slow poison) and so on.

But, as I stated previously, EVERY animal based product is the result of exploitation and injustice.

Fish meat, poultry meat, eggs, some small game meat(like bunnies), in SMALL quantities are generally good for your health.

If you believe in an alkaline based diet, meat will not help you it is always just too acidic.

This is something that always poses an ethical dilemma for me, the reason I don't eat eggs is because (coming from an animal management/sciences student here) hens are the money makers in the world of egg farming (obviously) therefore cockerels (males) are almost useless apart from the odd few to breed some more chickens. Now because they're considered useless to egg farmers they are killed at birth.. The way the chicken is treated is just a secondary and to be honest....over here in the UK the legislation regarding animals protects them a great deal, therefore the issue I have with egg consumption is the mass killing of male chicks, we're talking millions and millions here.

So to sum up, the only time I would eat eggs would be if I or a close friend/relative came in posession of an ex battery hen that's been rescued, I still wouldn't go nuts on eating loads because I do believe its unhealthy, anyway just my thoughts on the subject.

So to sum up, the only time I would eat eggs would be if I or a close friend/relative came in posession of an ex battery hen that's been rescued, I still wouldn't go nuts on eating loads because I do believe its unhealthy, anyway just my thoughts on the subject.

That's possibly the only kind of egg that doesn't come from exploitation, eggs from rescued hen.

About the 'alkaline based diet', as I mentioned, SMALL quantities. Small quantities won't acidify your body if your diet is alkaline based.

But bottomline, eggs = exploitation. So, even if eggs would expand my lifespan by 20 years, i'd rather eat dirt.

i have 11 hens but i dont eat their eggs they are just rescued pets. i dont think eggs are a healthy thing to eat. just the smell of other ppl cooking now makes me feel sick.

Nice =)

Don't they make a lot of mess?

When I mentioned that they are generally a healthy thing to eat, I based my opinion on several studies that indicate that. There are some studies that indicate that eggs are bad for the health, but they are mostly observational and uncontrolled. Of course, eating lots of eggs is not a good idea.

But, healthy or unhealthy people shouldn't eat eggs. Exploitation is not good in any amount, ever.