men: combat ill-effects of flax seed oil?

dk69

I've been 99% vegan (1% vegetarian) for about 2 months now.

About a year ago I was still experiencing bowel issues so I took flax seed oil, 3 times a day, after each meal.

moobs developed in a month, at an alarming rate. I quit the flax seed oil, and am very weary about ground flax seed. but

does anyone know a way to combat this?

Are you suggesting that you started growing man-boobs and that the cause was flax oil? hahaha, Sorry I really have a hard time taking this seriously, I don't think that could possibly be the cause. Or do I have the wrong definition of moobs?

-Dylan

so you packed on moobs at the same time you started taking flaxseed oil?

isnt exactly a solid case for saying "a teaspoon of flaxseed oil a day gave me moobs"- unless your oil was like, heavily tainted with oestrogen or something

- not to mention, i mean it would have had to be atleast weeks after you started taking it, if not months that you developed man boobs, hard to link man boobs to flaxseed oil i started taking x months ago.

anyway, i'm not too familiar with taking it, but what were you wanting to get out of it? omega 3's? if so, you could just swap to another source like walnuts or something.

the oil helps with constipation? i thought it was the actual fiber in the seeds, and the slimy coating that did that? i'm not sure though

have you tried increasing fiber in your diet, taking prunes/chia seeds(soaked in water, google it) or psyllim husks? that stuff will help with constipation

Eat more fibre and drink more water. If you are taking in too much fibre and not enough water, this will also cause constipation.

I am so confused by the notion that a small dosage of flax oil caused your chest to transform into breasts that I am choosing to not respond to that, but offer a better solution.

You will most likely be constipated due to something you're already eating. You should rectify that, rather than continue to eat in a way that makes you ill, and supplement it with something... Get to the root cause. If you have a medical condition, getting constipation literally regardless of what you eat, i'd see a doctor.

Never heard of spontaneous breast enlargement from flax. Did they shrink after you stopped taking it?