Synny's training journal

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now I have a month off of races to focus on my running training. And hopefully it will be warmer. Forgot a long sleeve shirt to protect me and got so cold my muscles started to seize up.... Making arms a but difficult as they are sore and tired from warming up. Took me a good hour under 2 blankets and warm clothes to stop chilling......

Cold front moved through while I was at work and didn't know it. Last time I went to search for a jacket or a long sleeve shirt I couldn't find one so didn't waste my time to hunt one down. Won this little beauty today at the run so will be adding bike riding into routine. At this point I have no reason to be stuck on a machine at the gym to do cardio Really ready for some warmer weather but won't let it stop me from my training. Ready to see some of my fluff disappear!

bike.jpg.75c25954b935aa7cab21aeec488ff1f0.jpg

Felt really big and bloated during the run. I wish I could just get my diet tweaked so that when I get off work I am not starving and inhale everything in sight..... That last 2 hours of work is constant moving and lifting. I think I will pack a peanut butter banana roll up tonight for after work with a protein shake to see if that will help with the binging. Something has to give already.... BTW took 149th out of 290 and ran the 5k in 38:05 that is a 1 min and 13 sec better than my last timed run.

spring.jpg.901bcab96d50964f9bee4937485e7cdd.jpg

actually my PB is 32ish but was not that cold and I had my team there cheering me on. Yesterday I was alone with my running program that ended at the 4k mark leaving me with 1k to push myself. Once I was close to the finish I found one last kick and hauled butt I wanted a better time than 39:18 lol. Also finding my stride is getting better too. Had a packet of Vega in hand just in case my banana wore off which it didn't thank goodness

Was enjoying my raw diet but damn was taking up most of my check buying my dirty dozen in organic and fresh fruits. Think I am going to cut back on the raw for a while until farmer's market is full of fresh produce. Just honestly trying to figure things out.

Yes I did notice and thought that was awesome! Haven't had a chance to read anything yrt

No probs, I had noticed there's a few 5km threads in there though. Haven't had too much of a chance to skim through all of it myself either, work has been pretty busy. But shouldn't complain about that I guess

31:30 min running training on treadmill due to wet cold weather (supposed to snow....). Training goes as follows: 5 min warmup, 3 min jog, 90 sec walk, 5 min jog, 2 1/2 min walk, jog 3 min, 90 sec walk, jog 5 mins, 5 min cooldown. Felt pretty good running just my calves got tired and tight. Will wear my compression sleeves next time to help with circulation. If that doesn't help I will just have to invest in compression socks. Week 7 is what I am looking forward to since it will continuous running instead of interval training. Enjoyed a big bowl of cocoa rice crispies and almond coconut milk after the run

I got to lift today I got to lift today! Monday my knuckle hurt something fierce so I did all body weight leg work BLAHHHHHHHHHH so today since my knuckle feels fine I lifted and yeah baby LOVED IT!!!! Found another person wanting to do a show and was doing everything I could to talk her out of it because her heart and mind aren't in it for the right reasons and is setting herself up for failure and wasting her money..... She won't listen to anyone but her ex who is teasing and toying with her. Oh well. She did give me a compliment and said I am leaning out (yeah right!!!) I have put on not lost and as for leaning out..... nope! Gained a little in size in my butt and gut cause jeans not fitting right now. Need to really focus on getting cardio in and staying away from gluten and granola bars....

Wrote up everything I ate for a day it sounds like a lot but my stomach is telling me something totally different... LOL I may need to add in some extra calories somewhere or something. My training session felt awesome today including my running training. Drinking about 182oz of water. I think that might be a lot of water but oh well. I can tell quickly when I am behind on water intake.