a new start

Nice! Glad your package arrived safe and sound. Our donors (particularly HealthForce) were so very generous! Hope you enjoy, and maybe some of the stuff in your prize package will help cure your ails. Feel better soon, John.

~Karen

I do think a few of the items are just what I need to hasten my healing up. This forum is a God send.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Monday

65# fat!  30% 215#

Today

Stair stepper 15 floors L5 6m0s

Treadmill

3.5mph 1/4 ml L5, increased L.5 each 1/4 ml until 1.75 ml L3.5

1.75ml 30m, 1/4@L0, 1/4@3mph

2.25ml 39m34s

25x15 1arm bp cuff hurts 

25x15,8,5 concentration curls

25x10,10,10 flat flyers

Arnolds 20sx10,8 rotator pain 

1arm clean&press  20x20

Day 9 of 5 low cal meals a day, no night eating. No tortilla chips or PB.

Also day 9 of Garden of Life vitamin code and Health Force anti oxide extreme, both courtesy of this sites NYNY challenge. I used the vega before during after sequence today. I enjoyed the 1st and 2nd, the 3rd tastes like cake mix. Yuk!

Generally I feel fantastic.

fifty c&p on both sides per set? that's a lot but i guess it's alternating, so not as much as it sounds? i'm very curious about if you end up sore tonight or tomorrow. and how much weight you used?

is your injury all better?

also!!! no stair stepper?!?!?! wtf?!?!?!

fifty c&p on both sides per set? that's a lot but i guess it's alternating, so not as much as it sounds? i'm very curious about if you end up sore tonight or tomorrow. and how much weight you used? "

is your injury all better?

also!!! no stair stepper?!?!?! wtf?!?!?!

20pounds x50 reps each side (that's up to press and down 100x)

My shoulder(s) are much better, my back is great. All is good. I had a good rest from the gym when I was sick.

I feel great.

I may never use the stair stepper again, it seems kind of silly to me.

Had Vega pre then during then all-in-one shake in rice milk. I feel great after my run on the treadmill.

1/4 ml @ 4 mph, 1/2 ml @ 4.5, about 1k @ 5 then accidentally hit kill and lost the time and mileage rested 5 seconds resetting the machine then ran 1k @ 5.5 mph, setting a record for hr at over 180bpm! then walked 1/5ml @ 3 mph

So, about 2 miles run in total, plus the cooldown walk. I don't know or care about the time.

Yo John,

How are things in Cleveland?

Did you make it to the Arnold? I was away during that weekend. Haven't been there in years, since the last time we met up there.

Have a great weekend.

-Robert

Yo Robt!

Cleveland is great. We broke the heat record today. St Pat's is when we plant our peas here, three types this year.

I didn't make it to the Arnold again this year. None of my vegan friends from here would commit, and I didn't want to go alone.

Now it's time to meditate before gym. (They close early on Sat)

Thanks for dropping in!

Deadlift 155x15, 15,10 (grip failing)

Smith squats 90x15,15,15

HS crunch 60x20,20,15

Scarey headache! We walked 70 blocks in sunny Cleveland and I think I underestimated the effect. A couple hours later after sprout protein, a banana, some ibu, tea and I feel good. Happy St Patty's Day!

• 2 weeks later...

Shoulders, especially the left, have not been well enough to lift at the gym. Though, I do lift a lot in our warehouse, stacking and moving 25 lb cases mostly. I did a little yoga the last 2 mornings and feel that's what I really need to continue and increase. Also, running weather is here!

• 1 year later...

My shoulders have been worse and worse and I used it as an excuse to fall out of my excercise habit almost entirely. I also had some big psychic challenges, with the death of my Mom after her being ill last year. It's been a year since I worked out and I gained 30 lbs back. I do a little yoga and takes some walks occasionally. Maybe with nice weather here again I'll get back in the saddle. We have a track at the end of my block. Thanks for asking Dylan.

• 6 months later...

Missed my workout yesterday. That makes 20 months! I've been dragging bottom for some time with my 38" waist jeans getting too tight. I've been in a long pattern of eating most of my food in the evening and only getting occasional exercise, mostly at work, doing warehouse chores.

Goddess of the universe, please accept my humble offering, 50 pounds of me! My shoulders are bad, I can't throw a ball without wincing then doubling over in pain, until what seems like the "train of pain" passes after several seconds. My low back is tight and my energy is low. Maybe with a little support I can restart some healthy patterns.

Starting the day with Assam tea and unsweetened soy milk.

Thanks for reading and for your encouragement.

(w47)

Day 2 of my dietary sobriety! Fell asleep early, so I didn't struggle against a night binge. Awoke overslept, with a caffeine withdrawal headache. Surveyed the damage of the last months of gluttony and sloth. My fully expanded gut may still feel ok in 40" waist jeans, but the tape measure read 47" yesterday! Avoided the scale for a long time, but this morning I weighed 228 with 80 lbs of fat. When I previously worked my way down from 222 lbs to 192 through running, lifting and diet, my weight minus fat stayed around 150 consistently, so a finished weight of 165 would probably leave me at about 10% fat, down from my current 35%! I swear I was 5'10 1/2" as a kid, but recently I saw I've lost an inch at age 54, so 165 seems an entirely correct ideal weight. When I see fighters my height at that weight I realize I could be plenty strong and well muscled down there, not scrawny at all. That's almost 65 lbs away, my intermediate goal is to get under 180. I've also started a food journal here. Good luck moving toward your long term goals, with today's progress.

Starting day 5 I'm feeling really good. I'm not hungry in spite of eating under 1500 calories a day and eliminating night eating. Just a fast walk for a mile and a half with hills was a good way to ease back in to exercise. Girth at my distended equator is already down an inch. I've been pretty impeccable about food and have kept up my food log elsewhere here.