4 year Vegetarian - Starting bodybuilding - My Grocery List

Hey everyone,

I'm brand new to this forum. I have been a vegetarian for 4 years. I'm starting to get into body building and am looking for another set of eyes to help me with my grocery list. Please let me know if I'm missing anything crucial or if there is something you would suggest that I buy/not buy.

Food:

Beans (Kidney, Black)

Chickpeas

Nuts (Peanut, Almond, Cashew)

Lentils

Quinoa

Spinach

Kale

Broccoli

Cauliflower

Mushrooms

Cucumber

Eggs

Milk

Soy "meat substitutes" (burgers, fake ground beef, fake chicken, fake turkey)

Tofu

Avocados

Bananas

Cheese

Oatmeal

Brown Rice

Brown Pasta

Strawberries

Apples

Kiwi

Tomatoes

Supplements

Whey Protein

Casein Protein

Creatine Mono

Thanks for your time!

Wheat gluten (seitan, and good recipes), soy yoghurt or cottage cheese/dairy yoghurt if you have no problems with animal products, swap to wholemeal bread

though if you're a vegetarian, and not a vegan, you have some additional protein sources

just dont buy all that at once or you will spoil it

what are your goals for the shopping list anyway? just looking for good nutritional food to buy, or looking for high protein/certain macros? or are you looking to change to a vegan diet or something?

Wheat gluten (seitan, and good recipes), soy yoghurt or cottage cheese/dairy yoghurt if you have no problems with animal products, swap to wholemeal bread

though if you're a vegetarian, and not a vegan, you have some additional protein sources

just dont buy all that at once or you will spoil it

what are your goals for the shopping list anyway? just looking for good nutritional food to buy, or looking for high protein/certain macros? or are you looking to change to a vegan diet or something?

I'm not buying all items at once. This is just a list of the food I consume in a month. I might go three weeks without eating/buying certain fruits or protein foods for example. My goal is to hit my fat and protein macro hard while trying to limit my carbs. I'm trying to hit all macros but with an emphasis on protein and fat while still maintaining the carbs but not exceeding it too much.

My micros are met with my multi-vitamins.

I'm okay with animal by-products, I forgot to add yogurt.

• 4 weeks later...

I would cancel milk, chesse, eggs and animal based supplements and add Amaranth, potatoes, sweet potatoes, carrots, raisins, peas, maize, flaxseeds, hemp seeds, dates, nuts (walnuts, hazelnutes, almonds ), lupine flour & a raw protein Powder like Sunnwarrior oder growing naturals.

Just my suggestions. The rest of your list looks pretty much the same as my grocery list

• 1 month later...

Don't even bother with casein. I don't even know why people bother buying that. I know that they say it's a slow release protein, but is the fact that it's slow release going to make you build more muscle? I say no. Just look for a quality whey isolate without artificial sweeteners like now food's whey protein isolate unflavored. I've tried a bunch of protein supplements and that's the only one that didn't destroy my colon. I also tried vitamin shoppe's non-soy vegetable protein and that was pretty good as well.