Synny's training journal

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL Asparagus! I think I drank that much rum and coke one night.... that was a horrific night!! I just noticed you are in O.C. looks like I will be in your neck of the woods in January. Can you recommend anyplace good to eat???? Hoping to run in the Tinkerbell half at Disneyland

Very productive day for me today. Planted some vegetables, picked up the yard, mowed, hit the gym for leg workout, took dogs for walk and have been working on laundry. The dogs are panting and laying down behaving for a change hahaha. I am now cooling off with a iced herbal tea

Finally took my bike out for a test ride and it is probably the nicest day we have had here yet! Rides like a dream but isn't meant for sprinting hahahaha. Need to get a cheap road bike so I can start practicing. Gonna use this one for cross training to help with my running and lung capacity. It is warm and bright today so my sleeping was affected. I only got about 4 hrs of sleep but hoping it will get back to routine tomorrow. So since I couldn't sleep I prepped a giant bowl of salad for the week, protein waffles for ride home, and now working on some iced decaf coffee. Kinda wishing I could sleep......

I have been off cardio for so long aside from running training 3 days a week that I have grown to detest it with a passion again. Figured I had better start adding it back in to help with building my lung capacity for running. It is also time to start logging everything again and really hold myself accountable..... Calories are going to be on the higher side since I have a physically demanding job of lifting, rolling and constant moving. Gotta love a nursing home

Arms

Tbar pushdown: 40 lbs 15 reps, 50 lbs 12 reps, 2 sets 60 lbs 10 reps

Dumbbell curl: 20 lbs 15 reps, 25 lbs 12 reps, 2 sets 30 lbs 10 reps

Straight bar curl: 30 lbs 15 reps, 40 lbs 12 reps, 2 sets 50 lbs 10 reps

Dips: 4 sets 15 reps

Hammer curl: 20 lbs 15 reps, 22.5 lbs 12 reps, 2 sets 25 lbs 10 reps

Kickbacks: 10 lbs 15 reps, 15 lbs 12 reps, 2 sets 20 lbs 10 reps

Bosu crossover: 3 sets 20 reps each side

Bosu plank: 3 sets 60 sec

(everything was supersetted together)

Cardio: elliptical cross trainer 2 program 30 min

Meal 1/post workout

1 scoop protein powder

3/4c crunchy flax with chia ceral

1 mini box raisins

1c unsweetened almond coconut milk

Meal 2

24 oz green smoothie (5-6 kale leaves, 3 tbsp peanut butter, 1 banana, 1 scoop protein powder, 1c almond coconut milk and water)

Packed meals

Meal 3

3/4c black beans

3/4 of an onion

1/4c dry brown rice cooked in water

7 asparagus spears

hot sauce

Meal 4

Salsa

6c salad mix (green and red leaf, carrots, red cabbage, romaine, spinach)

3/4c black beans

1/4c packed walnut almond taco meat

6 black olives

2 mandarin oranges

Meal 5

1 gluten free protein waffle

1 tbsp peanut butter

1 banana

I know a lot of nuts/nut butter but it has helped me a lot with binge eating during the night hours. Before I added it in I would binge on everything in sight.

I would binge on everything in sight.

This is my mood at night, and this is why I don't have anything in the house! Nothing more depressing than, first allowing yourself to eat anything and everything you can find, and then being too lazy to drive to the store to buy some ice cream or not wanting to deal with all the messy bowls and cookies sheets when whipping up a batch of cookies for yourself. LOL! Peanut butter seems the logical choice for me to binge on! OK, a few chocolate chips are also included . . hee hee.

Tonight was popcorn and Kombucha (multi-green: http://synergydrinks.com/index.php/#classic-kombucha ). I am so sensitive to what little alcohol is in it. It was nicely fizzy and had the effect of making me sleepy as usual. First time eating popcorn in a long time. I will probably find out why it has been awhile tomorrow morning perhaps? Didn't really enjoy it as much (I even put Parma! on it - I suppose even a little bit of nutritional yeast with crushed walnuts will up my % of fat for today's total fat macros. . ).

The nursing home keeps granola bars, cookies, crackers and the such on hand for residents who get hungry and the store on the home is full of junk food. I wish I had some popcorn right now and it is a good thing my gluten intolerance reared its ugly head or I would of for sure stopped for something to kill the sting of rejection. Instead I have to feel it.....

As long as I don't touch anything and I eat my meals on time i am safe. Also with them bein loaded with gluten I honestly can't et them unless I want to be in pain or sick. I am finally getting my gluten addiction under control. I have gone a full week without it and I am finally getting past the point of craving it. I can look at it and say no thanks you hurt me to much to eat you biking to work wouldn't be a bad idea if motorist around here were cyclist friendly. They like to run them over or off the road......

There are so many car drivers like that, I've been knocked off before and ended up in hospital. My best friend got hit by an SUV and was in an induced coma for 6 weeks, his strength of character got him back to riding again but he suffered major brain damage. Took him a year to learn to walk again.

Hey, happier subject I just posted pics up in my log from my midnight hill run. Thought you might like them MF.

Ok after a long, stressful and physically demanding night (rolling a 400 lb woman by myself) I have opted to include an extra waffle and 2 mandarin oranges for meal 6. I am also treating myself to a 30 min back massage because omg it is tight!!! I did my 10k training and thought I was gonna fall over crying because my back was so tense and yoga only helped a little bit. The question I was asking myself over and over again was nap or stay up... I decided nap because I need some rest

Ok just to verify... My days start at 4ish pm. So my days go from 4p-9am It is legs day and I am sore from work..... it is my night off from work and chances are I will end up sleeping all night and part of tomorrow throwing off my eating. So will consume a large peanut butter banana smoothie with some greens powder mixed in after my workout

Meal 1

2/3c dry oats soaked

1c unsweetened vanilla almond coconut milk

1 mini box of raisins

cinnamon

Meal 2

32oz peanut butter banana crack smoothie (half almond half coconut milks for base, greens powder and protein powder)

Meal 3

beans and rice salad (black beans, cilantro lime rice, spring mix salad, salsa)

chips and salsa

PASSED OUT!!!! Missed 2 meals due to sleeping.

Meal 6

1 scoop protein

1 tbsp peanut butter

half banana

1 gluten free waffle

Legs

Squats: 96 lbs 15 reps, 115 lbs 12 reps, 135 lbs 10 reps, 165 lbs 8 reps, 185 lbs 6 reps, 195 lbs 6 reps

Leg extensions: 60 lbs 10 reps, 5 sets 70 lbs 10 reps

Prone leg curl: 2 sets 35 lbs 10 reps, 3 sets 40 lbs 10 reps, 45 lbs 10 reps

Was happy to see no lunges in my workout! I coulda just squatted the whole time and been happy lol

Snowing.... May 2nd and it is snowing!!! No outside fun for me today and I had to cover up my entire veggie garden to protect it.

Shoulders

Rear delt rope pull: 90 lbs 15 reps, 3 sets 110 lbs 15 reps

Side delt raise: 12.5 lbs 15 reps, 15 lbs 12 reps, 2 sets 20 lbs 10 reps

Arnold press: 4 sets 25 lbs 10 reps

Rear delt fly: 10 lbs 15 reps, 12.5 lbs 12 reps, 2 sets 15 lbs 10 reps

Ab trainer x program: moderate intensity 8 min (45 sec each exercise 20 sec rest plant, sliders, side plank, superman, straight leg holds, side to side, leg raises and basic crunch)

Meal 1

1c dry oats

1c almond coconut milk

1 mini box raisins

cinnamon

Meal 2

2 orders asparagus rolls

1 order sweet potato roll minus sauce

Meal 3

22oz green smoothie (6 strawberries, 1 banana, 2 large kale leaves, 1c almond coconut milk, 2 tbsp peanut butter, 1 scoop greens powder, 1 scoop protein powder)

Meal 4

1/4c dry brown rice cooked in water

3/4c black beans

1/4 onion

3oz mushrooms

7 asparagus spears

hot sauce

Meal 5

6c salad mix

3/4c black beans

1/4c walnut almond taco meat

salsa

4 mandarin oranges

Meal 6

1 gluten free waffle

1 tbsp peanut butter

1 banana

Meals 4 and 5 are at work and meals 3 and 6 are on the way either to work or from work.

Edited by Synny667

The weather is being rather wild this spring, don't you think? My son told me it was snowing/sleeting in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan, while it was sunny and over 70 degrees F here in the Lower Peninsula. Very strange.

Moved my running day to tomorrow because I just don't have the energy today and tomorrow is supposed to be warmer outside and I want to take my run outside. Was really tired this morning after work too and even skipped yoga. Really hungry when I woke up and grateful I made a big bowl of soaked oats!!!

Meal 1

1c dry oats

2 mini boxes raisins

1 1/4c almond coconut milk

cinnamon