Happy Spiritual Training Log

Today is my first entry in my first ever training log. My goals are just to feel better and be in better shape. I really enjoy being healthy and able to lift weights as well as work out. I find it very fun to shape my body in different ways. I feel so blessed to have access to such wonderful health resources.

Today so far I had raw food pizza which is mainly made up of buckwheat, veggies, flaxseed and sunflower seeds. I also had some raw cacao mousse made of coconut oil, almond milk, cacao, irish moss, vanilla and agave nectar. This morning I did 2 hours of hatha yoga asana and lifted did lower body exercises. I have just finished healing from fibroymalgia, uterine tumors and two years of bronchitis so it feels good that I am finally able after a decade of illness to let my inner athlete once again shine. My starting weight is 123 at 5'6". My goal is to balance my hormones and lose unhealthy fat as well as build strength and endurance. I would love to be a beautiful role model for younger woman (I am 30) and show that you can eat with a way that is harmonious with nature and still be healthy and look beautiful.

I know I am supposed to write more specifics about what I eat and what I am doing exactly for working out so in the future I will write more in the evenings. I appreciate any encouragement or suggestion. I pray that people find something that I am doing helpful and/or inspiring. Otherwise I wouldnt post this on-line. LOL. I pray we can learn from each other.

Your goals are great but its often helpful to set measurable goals as well. Its easier to see progress and feel like you are achieving, or making progress towards your achievements, and in turn staying motivated.

Great start to your journal!

-Dylan

Dear Dylan,

Great tip, thank you!

Goals:

1. Get in all my nutrients in the day as measured by the food log.

2. Establish a steady workout regime as measured by getting to the gym at least 3 times a week.

3. Do daily light cardio so I can feel good, strengthen my lungs and have circulation to prevent fibromyalgia break outs.

4. Steadily work back to my running regime I had before I was sick which was running 6 miles a day. This really gave me so much energy and made me feel terrific. I really felt like I was taking care of myself. Maybe this isnt healthy for me at this stage in my life so I am setting my goal at working up to run three miles a day. I downloaded directions on how to build this back up.

5. Go walking once a week with my Grandmother or friends.

6. Evaluate where I am starting from for weight lifting, and then write goals that will move me towards a stronger place with set numbers.

Wednesday:

Lunges and squats

4 hour gentle walk

Thursday:

upper body at the gym and 30 minutes medium aerobics with toning exercises

Friday I did an hour of full body lifting. Diet seems to be going pretty well. Im not a calorie counter. I just try to get in all of my nutrition and to eat healthy. I am mainly a raw foodiest so all my choices are generally healthy.

Saturday: one hour rollar blade

Sunday: 3 hour walk with various friends

Monday: 45 minute power walk and 45 minute circuit training at the gym. I also printed the instructions on how to train for a 10 k in 6 weeks as well as the weight lifting sheets so I can start to keep track of my numbers and post them.

• 3 weeks later...

Wow! A lot of time went by since my last post. However, I have been making some progress. I received a training routine and did a few sessions with an amazing trainer. I also got myself on a gym schedule 3 times a week and cardio 6 times a week. Right not I am still doing lighter cardio but I am feeling ready to start training specifically.