Dylan Kasprzyk's Brooklyn Training Journal

C.O.

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the feedback on the site, I don't want to end up with too many banners and whatnot all over the place. I want it to serve a purpose whilst remaining simple and good-looking (like me haha). Hopefully it will direct a few people over to this forum ?!

Hope you are having a great week anyway, much planned for the weekend? Hey if you can't get to your gym I posted up a link to an ebook somewhere ~ full of great bodyweight exercises. Could be of some use to you right now. Cheers MF.

We smashed our competition tonight at my soccer game. My league is really unbalance from top to bottom. We have had a match where we lost 1-8 and today we won 10-1. It was almost not even fun and we working on passing routines rather than scoring more towards the end of the game. On a positive note we are bumped up to 5th out of 10 teams now and how one more lower ranked team I think 9th place that we play next week so we will likely enter the playoffs in a decent position.

MF you are a funny dude. On a serious note thanks for the tip, i'll search for your body weight exercise post and get into it tomorrow! Thanks man.

• 2 weeks later...

Still no luck with the gym, body weight exorcises will help keep me strong in the mean time but I miss maxing out.

Our soccer game Wednesday was a breeze. We won 6-2 and we could have won by more but I went in goal so that our keeper could play the field a bit and take some shots (i'm horrible as a keeper). I did start things out strong for us on the field with the first goal that was a header, something you dont see a ton of in indoor. So some how the stars alligned and upsets were made and we moved up from 6th to 4th just in time for the playoffs. I'm not sure if its a better draw really, I think we can beat the 3rd place team and I'm not so confident about the 1st place team (they pummeled us 1-8 earlier in the season). So we have the 5th place team in the first round who we haven't played before and then we get the winner of 1st vs 8th in the 2nd round. If we had stayed in 6th we would have the 3rd place team in the first round, who beat us but it was close and our goal keeper wasn't at that game so I think we could definitely take them, then the 2nd round we would get the winner of 2nd and 7th. I just think we'd have a better shot at making the finals if we didnt have to play the number 1 team on our way there.

As far as food goes I dont think ive been eating enough since the weight-challenge ended and so did my gym membership. I did discover Emmy's raw vegan macaroons which are amazing if you haven't tried them yet, do.

Yes I did, but thanks MF! On another positive note I found a new gym that takes my insurance so Im excited about that. Its a little further away than ballys so Im still going to try to get back into ballys but at least now I have an alternative.

I have been getting into arguments lately with my gf and also at work. So I'm going to take an active approach to working on this problem. I watched a documentary called Happiness on nextflix the other day. It was pretty interesting I would recommend people check it out. Compassion seemed to be the focus that I wanted to take away from watching the doc, so Im going to try doing some compassion meditation. Here is a link if anyone else is interested: http://www.self-compassion.org/guided-self-compassion-meditations-mp3.html

Also if anyone else has a link to any compassion meditations that you have used please send them my way.

Thanks,

-Dylan

• 2 weeks later...

Well we lost in a grueling first round match and just couldn't score, the other team only had 1 early goal and then both of us were held scoreless for the rest of the game until the very end when our keeper came out to try and make a push and we let in a couple more. Oh well we ended the regular season in 4th not bad.

Got up to the mountains last weekend for an excellent couple of days snowboarding and really made some good progress on the jibs. Conquered a log and a picnic table and I am starting to be able to get onto skinny rails that you need to ollie a decent amount to get onto. I had a mental block keeping me from that before so it was a good breakthrough. Unfortunately the season is pretty much up, we did get some snow this week but I dont think I can make it up. I'm hoping it will last another week and I can go the following weekend.

Still been doing in house workouts but planning on hitting the new gym more starting this weekend.

Also the weather has been all over the place and has really been drying out my skin. Besides drinking water do any of you have other foods or things you take to fight off skin drying symptoms?

Getting into fennel but I have to really cook it well or else its not as good to me. New fav dish is yam mash with coconut milk and vegan chorizo.

I've been drinking a lot of aloe lately. Anyone make their own aloe juice? Is it complicated? Need a juicer?

Been busy with other things and slacking on working out lately. I'll be getting back into it asap. Hopefully another workout tomorrow. Just landed a new job so things are looking promising.

hey Dylan, i work outside in all weathers, and in dust and mud and so on so my skin gets a hammering. after trying every moisturiser there is, i found walnut oil in a bottle for cooking to be the best thing, i rub it into my hands and face before going to work in bad conditions.

mike

Sorry to hear about the fighting, have you had positive results from what you took away from that documentary?

I've been introduced to the greatest moisturizer ever by a client. It's called Dermal Therapy. It's fairly hard to find, at least for me lol so I'd just check out the website and email them to see where it's sold in your area.

• 2 weeks later...

So updates with me, I start a new job in May that has great gym membership benefits, so I'm excited about that.

I just went to Vermont for the first time. Loved it. Road Mt Snow and Stratton. I liked them but but prefer stratton if I had to pick a favorite.

Aussie's are in New York so we are having a family reunion. There will definitely be some temptation to eat unhealthy the next 4 days...

Okay the bad news is that I ate like a glutton and disregarded everything I know about nutrition for 4 days straight at my family reunion. The good news is that I got my Bally's membership back and I went in today and worked my ass off. Arms, back, chest and shoulders. AND then hot tub (the best part about Bally's).

Mixed some Vega into some rice pudding and really like that. Also discovered that lentils with coconut milk and bok choy is pretty damn good.

Snowboarding season is over and I'm taking a break from soccer, well at least playing in an organized league, I'll still get out for some pick up games I hope since the weather is nicer. I'm going to need some more cardio in my life but not running. Maybe basketball and tennis...we'll see.

PS I'm learning the guitar and my finger tips are numb. I guess its normal but its weirding me out.

Getting back into a regular routine at the gym and loving it. Did back, abs, shoulders, arms and chest today.

I got a free session with a trainer set for Thursday night so I'm going to use the time to have him focus on strengthening the muscles I use to plant and kick for shooting in soccer.

Eating pretty decently checked out new sustainable restaurant (kind of been our thing recently) http://www.bustersnyc.com/

We also have a farm tour planned for my gf's bday and then a farm to table restaurant for dinner that night as well.

On a side note, any cons to sitting in the hot tub after workouts?

• 2 weeks later...

Played full court 5 on 5 basketball last weekend and fell hard catching myself with my hands and wrists, particularly on one side. Thought I was okay and kept playing. A week later my left hand and wrist is still injured but its getting better, just slowly. Its frustrating because I had just gotten back into the routine of going to the gym regularly. I'm going to go tomorrow and wear a wrist brace and see how it goes.

On a side note we went on a farm tour today at Stone Barn center (this is what new yorkers do for adventure lol leave the big city and go check out farm animals). Even though it is not a vegan establishment by any means, they are doing a lot of things very well, ie, organic, no pesticides, hardly any carbon foot print, etc.

• 2 weeks later...

MF, sorry dude I don't journal as much as I'd like.

My hand is still swollen 2 1/2 weeks later. Ice and ibuprofen seem to help but lifting and over-using my hands on the computer at my new job are preventing it from healing I think.

Been doing a lot of abs, back, and chest lately. A lot of the arm workouts are tricky with my hand injury.

I miss being on a soccer team. I'm going to get into some pick up games soon and then hopefully get back on a team in June or July.

Food journal: Eating way too many cliff bars. Like every morning the last week and a half:

Cliff bar, banana, orange, and some times green smoothie.

Lunch way too many annie's burritos....

Dinner's been good. Been cooking more and doing a million different vegetables with rice or hummus or lentils or quinoa.

• 2 weeks later...

Updates: Went to the Global Kitchen exhibit at the American Museum of Natural History. Good stuff, a well done mix of new info as well as basic info and some kid friendly stuff. They even had a tasting, cant beat that.

My hands are still injured its been 4 weeks. I've started to do stretching exercises, I think they are helpful.

Got in our monthly Whoreshare delivery. If you live in NYC please hit me up this is great service to get organic foods delivered from local farms in new york. Loving the mango and rasberry purees that we got as well as the giant order of kale.

Got in a good leg workout today. Walking home from the gym with jello legs was actually kind of enjoyable.

CHecked out the seed fest the other day. GOod to see Giacomo and meet Amanda. Nick helped hold it down as well this year.

Its getting muggy in the big apple and the heat isnt even here yet. I fear it.

Want to get in a swim at the gym and give my hand injury and rest.

Any suggestions on good snack foods or non messy foods to bring to an event that you dont want to have much to deal with as far as carrying or clean up or spill danger?

• 3 weeks later...

Shrinking and tied a push-up contest that I should have easily won at work a couple days ago. Back to the gym today! Going hard on arms, shoulders and chest.

Went to a hardcore show Thursday, Comeback Kid. The drummer had a shirt that said VEGAN huge on it. I took some not the best pics but I'll post in the forum.