Happy Monday!

gcpiontek

Greetings All,

Hope this finds everyone well. My name is Chris Piontek and I recently competed in my first ever Men's Physique competition this past weekend. Although I didn't place, I was very pleased with my physique and truly enjoyed all the preparation and the lifestyle change that I underwent and it was a great experience. I was Vegan for about 3 years prior to the competition, sadly I chose to explore a traditional bodybuilder diet for the contest even though it was really unsettling for me psychologically. I am so thankful for finding this community and have been actively following Vegan athletes on social networks such as Facebook and Instagram as a source of inspiration and motivation. Today, I am recommitting myself to the Vegan lifestyle because it is truly where my heart is at and I have been studying my butt off in regards to sports nutrition and have my eyes set on competing as a Vegan athlete for years to come. Hope everyone has a blessed week!

Hey Chris! Welcome to the forum, sounds like we are lucky to have someone like you here.

I for one am looking forward to seeing you around and posting more ~ please consider starting up a training journal as it sounds like a lot of people could benefit from reading about how you train, diet etc etc. Do you have any photos from your show? I bet that was an amazing experience, it wasn't at the Jay Cutler Classic was it? I had a friend that was competing in the Physique category there.

Welcome MF.

Hi Chris, welcome to the group. Props for getting out there and taking that first step of competing for the first time. Good to hear of yet another health minded athlete representing the cause.

-Dylan

• 3 weeks later...
Hey Chris! Welcome to the forum, sounds like we are lucky to have someone like you here.

I for one am looking forward to seeing you around and posting more ~ please consider starting up a training journal as it sounds like a lot of people could benefit from reading about how you train, diet etc etc. Do you have any photos from your show? I bet that was an amazing experience, it wasn't at the Jay Cutler Classic was it? I had a friend that was competing in the Physique category there.

Welcome MF.

The show that I did was the BSN Emerald Cup, which is generally considered the most popular/well-known competition in the state of WA. I guess it is just my personality, but, I like taking on the toughest challenges on my first try. I am really considering competing in another show about 17 weeks from now so if I decide to follow through with that I will most certainly post training/nutrition log. The pictures from the show weren't all that incredible -- it seems the lighting drowned out some of my definition, but I will attach some photos regardless -- Two of the photos are from the show -- 1 stage, 1 non-stage -- and the other is from just under a week before the show.

cp1.JPG.bb7bc480533ecfe6035eb891fee86c0b.JPG

cp2.JPG.26ea21b287ebbc315b43fc0d19251adb.JPG

cp3.JPG.f925f88bb10ad190dd12a71652579e9a.JPG